[q] XPERIA ZR unknown baseband and blank imei help!!

Search This thread

hyozanryu

Dec 18, 2014
Hi! I need some help my Xperia ZR c5502 4.1.2 got Unknown IMEI and baseband after flashing …
With no backup
ONLY ftf build 10.1.1.A.1.310 is working but always no Wifi and Signal I read some threads that it's because of the unknown baseband and IMEI

This is some things I tried
Unlock/relock bootloader root and install cwm recovery
tried Flashing Different Xperia ZR FTF with even Different Country using flashtool still no luck always got stuck in Bootloop
Wipe date/cache/partition No luck
Repair with PC Companion still no luck stuck in bootloop

Is there any other possible way to fix IMEI and baseband without bringing it to the repair center?
Any more suggestion?

Attachments

• xperia.jpg
    xperia.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

sourabhp

Jan 29, 2013
Hi! I need some help my Xperia ZR c5502 4.1.2 got Unknown IMEI and baseband after flashing …
With no backup
ONLY ftf build 10.1.1.A.1.310 is working but always no Wifi and Signal I read some threads that it's because of the unknown baseband and IMEI

tried Flashing Different Xperia ZR FTF with even Different Country using flashtool still no luck always got stuck in Bootloop

Is there any other possible way to fix IMEI and baseband without bringing it to the repair center?
Any more suggestion?

Did u unlock bootloader? and while relocking, did u do it properly? DRM keys and TA partition restore?
And why are you still on 4.1.2? did you try 4.2.2 or 4.3 or 4.4.2 roms for your specific region?

I think you might have lost DRM keys or TA

Last edited:

hyozanryu

Dec 18, 2014
I'm stuck @ 4.1.2 tried other 4.1.2 but only 10.1.1.A.1.310 build is working on my phone other build always ends up in bootloop
tried 4.2.2 or 4.3 or 4.4.2 all stuck in bootloop.

Yes I lost my lost DRM keys and TA because of flashing without backup
Is there a possible way to restore it without backup?

sourabhp

Jan 29, 2013
I'm stuck @ 4.1.2 tried other 4.1.2 but only 10.1.1.A.1.310 build is working on my phone other build always ends up in bootloop

Sorry mate. you cant get back DRM and TA once u lost it. its different for every phone.
Check the service menu: dial *#*#7378423#*#* (i.e. *#*#SERVICE#*#*) and choose 'Service tests' > 'Security'. If your DRM keys are okay, both MARLIN and WMLA will show up as [Key OK]. If they are erased, they would show up as [Unknown Error].

DRM keys are unique for each device, so they are not contained in any firmware download. Once they are erased, there is no way to get them back, unless you made a backup of the Trim Area (TA) before unlocking your bootloader.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

You should have researched before unlocking the bootloader. But thats history.
What you can do now is flash any custom roms. Check ZR android dev section. there you will find some custom roms based on 4.4.4 which needs to be flashed on unlocked bootloader :good:
sorry for your loss :(

Reactions: hyozanryu

hyozanryu

Dec 18, 2014
Now I learned my lesson :( always backup >.<

Thanks! I tried intalling some custom 4.4.4 ROMS and it worked my WIFI is now working even with still UNKNOWN IMEI and Baseband much better than before with no WIFI now my only problem is the NO Service ON Simcard >.<

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-23-15-26-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-23-15-26-35.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 83

sourabhp

Jan 29, 2013
Now I learned my lesson :( always backup >.<

Thanks! I tried intalling some custom 4.4.4 ROMS and it worked my WIFI is now working even with still UNKNOWN IMEI and Baseband much better than before with no WIFI now my only problem is the NO Service ON Simcard >.<

My guess is that as you have lost DRM and TA, IMEI is showing unknown. Thats why your operator is rejecting the service even though you have inserted sim card. try some other custom roms n kernels. :good:

Puneetsaini

Nov 12, 2014
kurukshetra
With no backup

Any more suggestion?

flash Modem.zip File for Zr its work with it

hyozanryu

Dec 18, 2014
from
STOCK FTF XPERIA ZR c5502 4.1.2 build 10.1.1.A.1.310
flash/install
ROM PORT 4.2.2 MIUI 3.11.1
then tried
ROM 4.4.4 AOKP :: kitkat :: test builds :: dogo {ZR}
ROM UB 4.4.4 Carbon Rom KK Unofficial
currently using
ROM] 4.4.4 AICP v6.0Android Ice Cold Project

all works but still No luck in fixing my SIM Issue
I am Still searching on How to fix IMEI and Baseband Unknown

sourabhp

Jan 29, 2013
from
STOCK FTF XPERIA ZR c5502 4.1.2 build 10.1.1.A.1.310
flash/install
ROM PORT 4.2.2 MIUI 3.11.1
then tried
ROM 4.4.4 AOKP :: kitkat :: test builds :: dogo {ZR}
ROM UB 4.4.4 Carbon Rom KK Unofficial
currently using
ROM] 4.4.4 AICP v6.0Android Ice Cold Project

all works but still No luck in fixing my SIM Issue
I am Still searching on How to fix IMEI and Baseband Unknown

I dont know about this modem.zip so cant advice you about it. I have never came across it.

keep trying until you get sim services

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry mate. you cant get back DRM and TA once u lost it. its different for every phone.
    Check the service menu: dial *#*#7378423#*#* (i.e. *#*#SERVICE#*#*) and choose 'Service tests' > 'Security'. If your DRM keys are okay, both MARLIN and WMLA will show up as [Key OK]. If they are erased, they would show up as [Unknown Error].

DRM keys are unique for each device, so they are not contained in any firmware download. Once they are erased, there is no way to get them back, unless you made a backup of the Trim Area (TA) before unlocking your bootloader.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

You should have researched before unlocking the bootloader. But thats history.
    What you can do now is flash any custom roms. Check ZR android dev section. there you will find some custom roms based on 4.4.4 which needs to be flashed on unlocked bootloader :good:
    sorry for your loss :(