Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] storage problem

Tip us?

xConjo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVer View Post
As far as I understand, the Xperia ZR does not support this. Period. Something to do with the fact that it's internal storage is actually an external that's built into the phone and emulated to act as the internal. It might even be a limitation of KitKat, but I don't think that's likely. Your best bet is Link2SD (preferrably pro) for regular apps and games, and FolderMount for apps with obb files like Injustice, Gameloft games, etc. Link2SD can be somewhat confusing though, though it's a little easier if you have some basic experience with Linux or partitioning hard disks. I understand that there are some apps that do what Link2SD does, but automates everything and keeps it simple (I think simple2ext might be an example of this, not sure though). Native app2sd and AppsMgrIII and the like are out of the question, though.
It does support it, at least for me. Maybe because I have installed the "KitKat SD Card Full Access" module on Xposed? that and foldermount makes a great combo.

SirVer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Really? Damn. Partitioned my SD card for nothing. I'm not really sure what Xposed is; I guess I'm going to go find a tutorial for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Why would you need foldermount if you have native apps2sd? Doesn't the native move obb files?

xConjo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Really? Damn. Partitioned my SD card for nothing. I'm not really sure what Xposed is; I guess I'm going to go find a tutorial for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Why would you need foldermount if you have native apps2sd? Doesn't the native move obb files?
Xposed Framework Is really useful and can be a really great complement in some roms (like the Stock one); It let you change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs; so for example, I use it to force Inmersive Mode on apps that doesn't have this feature (I use it for games mostly, so I play at full screen ) and also I have the module named Kitkat SD Card full acces, that itself doesn't let me move apps to the SD, but if I understand correctly, this one let non-system apps gain acces to the SD Card (sdcard1).
I still can't move apps to the SD with that (from settings, also tried App2SD and link2sd and said that there was a problem because storage is being emulated) That's why I need to use FoulderMount and it's simple. select the source folder to mount (from Emulated/0 or sdcard0) and then thee destination folder (sdcard1/[whateverthenameofthefolderis]/) and that's it. there are tutorials (better explained) on how to use it too.
The Following User Says Thank You to xConjo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soma cruz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonythangaraj View Post
Check the following tutorial. I am using Folder mount to move obb files to Sd card. Working fine in all stock firmware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2413093
Thanks!it worked but I can only move game's obb file not the apps data.however I'm happy to move big game's file files

soma cruz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonythangaraj View Post
Check the following tutorial. I am using Folder mount to move obb files to Sd card. Working fine in all stock firmware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2413093
Thanks!it worked but I can only move game's obb file not the apps data.however I'm happy to move big game's file files

soma cruz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
As far as I understand, the Xperia ZR does not support this. Period. Something to do with the fact that it's internal storage is actually an external that's built into the phone and emulated to act as the internal. It might even be a limitation of KitKat, but I don't think that's likely. Your best bet is Link2SD (preferrably pro) for regular apps and games, and FolderMount for apps with obb files like Injustice, Gameloft games, etc. Link2SD can be somewhat confusing though, though it's a little easier if you have some basic experience with Linux or partitioning hard disks. I understand that there are some apps that do what Link2SD does, but automates everything and keeps it simple (I think simple2ext might be an example of this, not sure though). Native app2sd and AppsMgrIII and the like are out of the question, though.
Link2sd need second partition of the sd card and I don't know how to do it.I tried so many times but it didn't work.

SirVer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by soma cruz View Post
Link2sd need second partition of the sd card and I don't know how to do it.I tried so many times but it didn't work.
If you're happy using Foldermount, then I suggest you don't bother with Link2SD. Partitioning an SD card is annoying and often messy. Also, it's not very flexible. You can't use any free space in the second partition for storage, which is just wasteful. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant app, and a very clever workaround for the problem, but it's not a perfect solution.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xConjo View Post
Xposed Framework Is really useful and can be a really great complement in some roms (like the Stock one); It let you change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs; so for example, I use it to force Inmersive Mode on apps that doesn't have this feature (I use it for games mostly, so I play at full screen ) and also I have the module named Kitkat SD Card full acces, that itself doesn't let me move apps to the SD, but if I understand correctly, this one let non-system apps gain acces to the SD Card (sdcard1).
I still can't move apps to the SD with that (from settings, also tried App2SD and link2sd and said that there was a problem because storage is being emulated) That's why I need to use FoulderMount and it's simple. select the source folder to mount (from Emulated/0 or sdcard0) and then thee destination folder (sdcard1/[whateverthenameofthefolderis]/) and that's it. there are tutorials (better explained) on how to use it too.
Oh, I see. So there's no way to get the native, Android inbuilt app2sd? Bummer.
The Xposed framework looks very interesting, to say the least. After taking a look, I've decided to go back to stock and just use this for my tweaks and such. How long I'll keep it like that, I don't know, but I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for explaining it to me.