[Q] URGENT : Andorid 4.3, GPlay Services causing huge battery drain on Android 4.3

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By NikRT, Junior Member on 25th June 2014, 07:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My Xperia ZR which is currently running Android 4.3 and Google Play Services 4.4.52 seems to be facing the same problem as the 4.4 users on Xperia Z - Huge battery drain (up to 91%)
This has been happening everyday for over a week now and shows no sign of stopping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-25-22-46-14.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2817200

I have heard of this problem occurring on Xperia Z devices that recently received the Kitkat update but not a word anywhere of the existence of this problem on an Xperia device running Android 4.3.

I would like to know if anyone out there is facing a similar issue while still running 4.3 on their device. And if anyone is, then have you found any solution to the problem?

Would appreciate a reply ASAP as my phone has been rendered practically useless right now with my battery going from 100% to 10% in about 6/8 hours without 3G/WiFi/GPS or anything else apart from the basic network being on.
25th June 2014, 10:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 967
Try the same solution as for KitKat.
26th June 2014, 02:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15
Play Services 5.0 are released! Try to find them in a tech blog and install them.

The Following User Says Thank You to wihushae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 02:42 PM |#4  
Flag Duliajan Assam India
Thanks Meter: 25
It happened to me too just stop the location service completely and reboot. After this my battery drain stoped.

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 07:13 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1
Same problem on 4.4.2 Kitkat update
the same issue I'm facing ever since I updated my phone to 4.4.2 KitKtat for Sony Xperia ZR...
29th June 2014, 06:57 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Battery Full Resolved
Yup, the issue got resolved after Google released Google Play Services 5.0! Phone's functioning normally now and battery life is sweet! Thanks a lot, everyone!
2nd July 2014, 10:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17
Google Service 5 helps really?

I installed it manually and I recognize that battery drain is the same as before?

Helps version 5 really?
3rd July 2014, 05:17 PM |#8  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 65
Originally Posted by Lemmi1

Google Service 5 helps really?

I installed it manually and I recognize that battery drain is the same as before?

Helps version 5 really?

No not for me.
If i clear cache/tmp files before updating it will be ok untill i reboot.

Skickat från min C5503 via Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread