[Q] URGENT : Andorid 4.3, GPlay Services causing huge battery drain on Android 4.3

Search This thread

NikRT

Jun 25, 2014
My Xperia ZR which is currently running Android 4.3 and Google Play Services 4.4.52 seems to be facing the same problem as the 4.4 users on Xperia Z - Huge battery drain (up to 91%)
This has been happening everyday for over a week now and shows no sign of stopping.

Screenshot_2014-06-25-22-46-14.jpg

I have heard of this problem occurring on Xperia Z devices that recently received the Kitkat update but not a word anywhere of the existence of this problem on an Xperia device running Android 4.3.

I would like to know if anyone out there is facing a similar issue while still running 4.3 on their device. And if anyone is, then have you found any solution to the problem?

Would appreciate a reply ASAP as my phone has been rendered practically useless right now with my battery going from 100% to 10% in about 6/8 hours without 3G/WiFi/GPS or anything else apart from the basic network being on.

maq1990

Mar 19, 2012
Same problem on 4.4.2 Kitkat update

the same issue I'm facing ever since I updated my phone to 4.4.2 KitKtat for Sony Xperia ZR...

NikRT

Jun 25, 2014
Resolved

Yup, the issue got resolved after Google released Google Play Services 5.0! Phone's functioning normally now and battery life is sweet! Thanks a lot, everyone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Play Services 5.0 are released! Try to find them in a tech blog and install them.

Hth!