Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] URGENT : Andorid 4.3, GPlay Services causing huge battery drain on Android 4.3

Tip us?

NikRT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low [Q] URGENT : Andorid 4.3, GPlay Services causing huge battery drain on Android 4.3

My Xperia ZR which is currently running Android 4.3 and Google Play Services 4.4.52 seems to be facing the same problem as the 4.4 users on Xperia Z - Huge battery drain (up to 91%)
This has been happening everyday for over a week now and shows no sign of stopping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-25-22-46-14.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2817200

I have heard of this problem occurring on Xperia Z devices that recently received the Kitkat update but not a word anywhere of the existence of this problem on an Xperia device running Android 4.3.

I would like to know if anyone out there is facing a similar issue while still running 4.3 on their device. And if anyone is, then have you found any solution to the problem?

Would appreciate a reply ASAP as my phone has been rendered practically useless right now with my battery going from 100% to 10% in about 6/8 hours without 3G/WiFi/GPS or anything else apart from the basic network being on.

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 948
Try the same solution as for KitKat.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

wihushae
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Play Services 5.0 are released! Try to find them in a tech blog and install them.

Hth!
The Following User Says Thank You to wihushae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

halfbloodmutant
Old
Thanks Meter 18
It happened to me too just stop the location service completely and reboot. After this my battery drain stoped.

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maq1990
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same problem on 4.4.2 Kitkat update

the same issue I'm facing ever since I updated my phone to 4.4.2 KitKtat for Sony Xperia ZR...

NikRT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full Resolved

Yup, the issue got resolved after Google released Google Play Services 5.0! Phone's functioning normally now and battery life is sweet! Thanks a lot, everyone!

Lemmi1
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Google Service 5 helps really?

I installed it manually and I recognize that battery drain is the same as before?

Helps version 5 really?

Mario.D
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1 View Post
Google Service 5 helps really?

I installed it manually and I recognize that battery drain is the same as before?

Helps version 5 really?
No not for me.
If i clear cache/tmp files before updating it will be ok untill i reboot.

Skickat från min C5503 via Tapatalk