Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from sijav: This is the most bugless MIUI V5 which is stock based for both locked and unlocked bootloaders based on kitkat

[UB/LB][4.8.1][KK][AROMA]Miui V5 Stock based on 4.4.2

Tip us?

sijav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
Default [UB/LB][4.8.1][KK][AROMA]Miui V5 Stock based on 4.4.2

Hello XDA users,
I am really proud to present to you one of the most interesting ROM called MIUI (Redefining Android)

Base ROM: This rom has been ported by patchrom using Stock based Sony firmware build 10.3.1.A.2.67 TW (Taiwan) Version (which is the 4.2.2 version) this means this ROM is very bugless and have a really great battery life (tested) and have Bravia 2, Xload, Walkman and Sony Album Xperia menu to select MTP or MSC and playstation certificate.

Recovery and Installer: I have implement aroma installer and added recovery from [NUT]'s recovery so all credit to him : )

Kernel: I have added lightning kernel from nikhil18 on this rom for unlocked bootloaders but for locked bootloaders they need to flash stock 4.4.2 rom before flashing this.

MIUI Version: This rom has been ported from MIUI V4.8.1

Please note that GAAPS is NOT included, you may flash it manually AFTER booting the rom
Download GAAPS

For those who want LTE Please note (Only C5503) : after flashing the rom and select C5503 go to dialer and dial: *#*#4636#*#* then go into Phone information, slide down and select Set preferred network type then chose LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) mode and you're all set

What's working?:
Everything so far

What's not working?:
Didn't notice any major issues! Pleas kindly do tell me if you find anything not working EXCEPT ADB which is a known bug (USB is working flawlessly)

BUGS:
  • Mass_Storage in factory settings not working (FC) but still it can be changed to mount SD in miui USB connectivity setting
  • Album not showing photo correctly (Use Miui Gallery or Google's Photos)
  • I need some guys to test wether if pin code on simcards working correctly on miui.
  • Please kindly tell me if you found any

ROM State:Stable from 4.8.1 miui version thanks !

Credits:
  1. ME! for porting it!
  2. lpws521 for making all this happening by created a full working miui stock based on Xperia Z (If he didn't do it I might still have a long long way to make this working! So please feel free to rate his post)
  3. nikhil18 For it's amazing Kernel
  4. Xiaomi, For very interesting MIUI ROM
  5. Sony, For their great bugless stockrom and kernel
  6. Google, For Android
  7. If I forget someone for something please kindly tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
MIUI V5 Stock Based 4.4, ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR

Contributors
sijav, lpws521
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 10.5.A.0.230
Based On: Sony Stock Rom build 10.5.A.0.230

Version Information
Current Stable Version: MIUI V5 4.8.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-03
Current Beta Version: MIUI V5 4.7.19
Beta Release Date: 2014-07-19

Created 2014-07-25
Last Updated 2014-08-03
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sijav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sijav
Old
(Last edited by sijav; 3rd August 2014 at 11:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
Default Downloads and Instructions

Recent:
4.8.1 Chinese and English only ROM http://d-h.st/zew
4.8.1 Multi Lang ROM Soon

Previous:

4.7.19 English ROM http://d-h.st/t3I

Gaaps : https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

Instructions: For both LB and UB
  • [FOR LB] Flash 4.4.2 Rom, root it using towel root, install recovery using NUT's recovery.
  • [FOR UB] Flash a kernel with recovery. or root it and install recovery using NUT's recovery
  • Go to recovery
  • Flash the ROM,
  • Follow aroma instructions,
    NOTE : DO NOT WIPE or FLASH ANYTHING AFTER ROM FLASHED! (you can select wipe on aroma installation)
    NOTE: Wipe on aroma fixed wipe it with ease
    NOTE: Flash on latest Philz Touch in NUT's package fixed, flash it with latest recovery plz
  • Reboot
  • Boot the Rom completly ( at least two reboot required to pass all the Sony checkpoints )
  • (optional)if you want to flash gapps or other things reboot to recovery then Flash Gapps and other addons and reboot
    NOTE : Use NTR Utils for entering recoveries
  • Press Thanks and enjoy
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sijav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sijav
Old
(Last edited by sijav; 4th August 2014 at 12:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
Default Change Log and Addons

ChangeLog

• Introducing the Stable version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sijav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sijav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
you can flash superSU_Fix.zip after rom flashed and download superSU from playstore to get your root back ... but everything including miui permission will ask your root permission.
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sijav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harshal.rio91
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for your hard work as there are very less ROM's for ZR will try out once it's stable

bkhuraijam
Old
(Last edited by bkhuraijam; 27th July 2014 at 05:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Just installed and running without any problems so far...overjoyed by the kitkat MIUI for our ZR

Few bugs:-
- Gallery FC
- Sony album not showing any photos. All black/blank squares on screen.

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bkhuraijam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a546109781
Old
Thanks Meter 62
what a about Chinese?
SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH!!!!

Computer:E3 1230V2/R9 280x/ASRock B75 Pro3/2*8GB ADATA 1600 Mhz /samsung 840EVO 120GB/WD1TB/24.1-1080P

Notebook:I7-4702MQ/GTX 760m 2G D5 MSI/2*4GB 1600 Kingston/PLEXTOR M6S 128GB/HITACHI 750GB HHd/15.6-1080P

sijav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by a546109781 View Post
what a about Chinese?
miui is based on Chinese rom! so it has chinese except chinese it has english too
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sijav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bry335
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yay kitkat MIUI any screenshot ?

bkhuraijam
Old
(Last edited by bkhuraijam; 29th July 2014 at 03:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry335 View Post
Yay kitkat MIUI any screenshot ?

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to bkhuraijam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]