Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Avira Antivirus incompatible with xposed

Tip us?

taaeem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperos View Post
Can you upload the folder of avira under /data/data? Maybe there is an .xml with settings and has an option also for ACRA..
I looked into it myself but no xml with ACRA related stuff. The only thing I found is a folder named files and there all ACRA stuff is stored there. But unfortunately there are a few logs that doesn't help and a file called ACRA-INSTALLATION but there is only an ID I think. So nothing helpful it seems that I have to change my Antivirus until this is fixed.
Huawei Ascend P6 - Perfect Phone

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,957
It's indeed ironic...ACRA crashes during initialization, then crashes again while trying to report its own crash.

I have decompiled Wifi Protector and found out that it's using a very old version of ACRA. Have a look at this issue: https://code.google.com/p/acra/issues/detail?id=138
It was fixed in October 2012 and prevented crashes that could occur if one of the fields in the Configuration is null.

If this has started to happen recently (on or after Jun 30), it's likely the same root cause described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...posed-t2803025
(but again, the main bug is in the old version of ACRA)
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe