OP Slappy_G

10th July 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 53

120 posts
More
Hi folks...

I am using a T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 (jellybean) and the latest Xposed Framework 2.7.1 (for reference, I did also try 2.4 through 2.5.1, with the same results).

I have installed the "Good for Enterprise" application to access my organization's email system. Our policy does NOT restrict use of root, so my issue is NOT with the fact that I am rooted.

However, whenever I enable the framework, even with NO modules enabled, launching Good crashes the app right after I enter my password into it. This is 100% repeatable. If I disable Xposed and reboot, Good works perfectly. This is also 100% repeatable.

I have looked through the logcat output and don't know what to look for, as I see a good amount of recurring debug messages. Any suggestions for how to proceed? Also, is it possible to blacklist an application so Xposed does not try to hook only that app?

Any suggestions are appreciated, and please remember that my organization does NOT restrict root via Good policy, so I don't have to worry about RootCloak, etc.

Thanks folks!

- SG
10th July 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

37 posts
Xposed Framework Causes Good Mobile Messaging to not function
Hey there, not sure if there is anything that you can do about this but I wanted your input:

For some reason when I activate the xposed installer framework (my Verizon HTC One Max is running the most recent version of the NuSenseSix rom), it causes an app I have installed called "Good for Enterprise" to stop functioning. (Good for Enterprise is used for corporate email). if I disable the framework, then the app functions normally. Is there any way you can give me some advice or a resolution regarding this? the framework version I am running is 2.6.1

Thanks,
10th July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #3  

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy_G

Hi folks...

I am using a T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 (jellybean) and the latest Xposed Framework 2.7.1 (for reference, I did also try 2.4 through 2.5.1, with the same results).

I have installed the "Good for Enterprise" application to access my organization's email system. Our policy does NOT restrict use of root, so my issue is NOT with the fact that I am rooted.

However, whenever I enable the framework, even with NO modules enabled, launching Good crashes the app right after I enter my password into it. This is 100% repeatable. If I disable Xposed and reboot, Good works perfectly. This is also 100% repeatable.

I have looked through the logcat output and don't know what to look for, as I see a good amount of recurring debug messages. Any suggestions for how to proceed? Also, is it possible to blacklist an application so Xposed does not try to hook only that app?

Any suggestions are appreciated, and please remember that my organization does NOT restrict root via Good policy, so I don't have to worry about RootCloak, etc.

Thanks folks!

- SG

I am experiencing the exact same issue with good and my device. If I keep the framework disabled, good for enterprise works perfectly. As soon as I enable the framework and reboot, good hangs every time when attempting to connect after putting in my password and then just force quits back to the home screen.

I opened a seperate thread regarding the issue not seeing this thread until after I had already posted. I am hopeful that a resolution can be found. I have a Verizon HTC One Max, rooted with NuSenseSix Rom. I have also verified that they do not block access to good when it detects a rooted device. And as stated before, it functions normally on my rooted device as long as I keep the framework disabled.
10th July 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 14,994

2,383 posts
More
Please describe in detail what you mean with "stop functioning". Does it crash? Please provide a logcat of the error.
10th July 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #5  

2,383 posts
More
I have merged these two threads. As mentioned, please post a logcat. A blacklist to avoid "loading" Xposed is not possible, because Xposed is initialized at system start and "inherited" by all apps.
11th July 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 53

120 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

I have merged these two threads. As mentioned, please post a logcat. A blacklist to avoid "loading" Xposed is not possible, because Xposed is initialized at system start and "inherited" by all apps.

Understood. I'll post a logcat this evening of both a positive and a negative case.
16th July 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 123

448 posts
More
I am experiencing the excact same behaviour as stated in the OP, and are working under the same conditions (rooted rom with latest xposed and NO anti-root policy). I would LOVE to help providing logcats, and i happen to be part of the IT department enforcing Good, so i can really test this (they wont blacklist me).

I will produce som logcat for you, any advice on how to best do this? Otherwise i will just throw something at best effort

Update: Back with a log, see attatched.
I started Catlog (app), pressed home and launched GFE. I then entered my password, and the app crashed. After this i clicked the shortcut on my launcher to start (resume) catlog, and paused the logging. I then exported the whole thing to the attatched textfile. The loglevel is Verbose.

If any system information is needed, other than those in the log file, please ask.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
Attached Files
File Type: txt gfe.txt - [Click for QR Code] (490.0 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by TwinAdk; 16th July 2014 at 05:11 PM.
16th July 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #8  

2,383 posts
More
Thanks. I don't see any crash/exception of the application there. Is it a normal crash ("<app> has stopped working" or whatever that message says)? If so, can you get the stack trace from it?

But what I noticed is that you have at least one module with quite verbose output (all those lines with "Xposed" tag, they don't come from the framework). Could you please make sure that it crashes even without any active modules?
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 123

448 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

Thanks. I don't see any crash/exception of the application there. Is it a normal crash ("<app> has stopped working" or whatever that message says)? If so, can you get the stack trace from it?

But what I noticed is that you have at least one module with quite verbose output (all those lines with "Xposed" tag, they don't come from the framework). Could you please make sure that it crashes even without any active modules?

I will deactivate all modules and re-take the log. It still crashes, that's for sure. When i will screen record the crash, it's not a stopped working crash, the app just closes with it's 'switch to launcher animation'. Once reopened it loads from scratch.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Back with log of crash two times in a row, and screen record of working and failing good app. Notice that good cannot he screen recorded, hence the black screen when I'm inside the app. After the working recording I enabled xposed framework and rebooted.

Video and log here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrkivu9u0...GumblJCduRp8da
When you got the files, tell me, I'll remove them from dropbox then.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
16th July 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #10  

37 posts
Twin, thanks for uploading the log files and the sharing the videos. i've been super busy and haven't had a chance to do this. what you are showing in your videos is exactly what is happening on my device when the framework is enabled (with no modules enabled/loaded). good prompts for my password and then force quits back to the home screen. it does this over and over again until I disable the framework and restart my device. then good functions normally.

Rovo, let me know if you need me to also supply logs from my device, or if what twin provided is enough to troubleshoot this.

thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to visualmog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
good
Previous Thread Next Thread