Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Feature request] Add a "Bookmark this Module" (or similar) to the Xposed Installer

OP Tidiroi

25th June 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey,

I just installed Xposed on my Nexus and browsed though the available modules, but as I am relatively new to the whole topic of rooting / Xposed etc. I am currently unsure which module to install so I thought it would be great to have some kind of function to put a module to a bookmark / watchlist / wishlist section similar to the Play Store instead of installing it right away. That button could be placed next to the download button e.g.

Many thanks for thinking about it And thanks for providing such awesome work with the framework.
Last edited by Tidiroi; 25th June 2014 at 03:50 PM.
8th July 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Morning,

what do you think? Would it be possible to add some kind of "watchlist" to Xposed?

With a hopefully ever growing list of modules it could be quite handy.

Thanks for considering it.
9th July 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 872

1,662 posts
My way of bookmarking: I download and install a module but don't enable it in Xposed. So I could try it later
9th July 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 14,480

2,371 posts
More
I could imagine that feature some kind in the future. It could be integrated into the "Settings" tab of the module. Not high prio for me though...
9th July 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #5  

1,662 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

I could imagine that feature some kind in the future. It could be integrated into the "Settings" tab of the module. Not high prio for me though...

Can you also please add a 5th state "dont remind for updates" to this settings tab?
10th July 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #6  

2,371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

Can you also please add a 5th state "dont remind for updates" to this settings tab?

Yeah. But do you think this makes sense as an option for the Stable/Beta/Experimental choice? It would mean that the module would be treated as if there weren't any versions at all. I think it would be better to make this a separate setting, so you would still see all the versions, but it wouldn't trigger the "updates available" texts on the welcome screen. This would be even better if it (optionally) remembered the latest version at the time you selected it, and would disable itself when there's a newer version available. So that would be a "skip this version" setting.
10th July 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #7  

1,662 posts
@rovo89: "Skip this version" is even!
It fits my user case: Version 1.5 and 1.6 of an app doesnt work correctly, but 1.4 does. So it would be great to be informed of a 1.7, but do't show all the time "updated available"
15th July 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #8  

7 posts
More
I pretty much do the same as defim but run into problems on my tablet that doesn't have as much space to install to and it reserves 500 meg and blocks installs but if I want I could fill that space with download, music or whatever. Only way to install at that point is to delete stuff/uninstall to get above 500 mb free to install something and not really feasible on that device just to remember a module I want to try later or keep an eye on so I'd love a wish list type feature.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th July 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 115

444 posts
More
Hello,

The bookmark feature of xposed, could be an xposed module in itself, hooking the Xposed app and expanding its features Just a thought.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
17th July 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #10  

2,371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAdk

The bookmark feature of xposed, could be an xposed module in itself, hooking the Xposed app and expanding its features Just a thought.

That would be very ugly...

Xposed is open-source for a reason. I don't see Xposed as the solution for everything. If you have the chance to change the software at it's origin, do that. It's less work and much more sustainable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread