Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Feature request] Add a "Bookmark this Module" (or similar) to the Xposed Installer

Tip us?

Tidiroi
Old
(Last edited by Tidiroi; 25th June 2014 at 03:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Feature request] Add a "Bookmark this Module" (or similar) to the Xposed Installer

Hey,

I just installed Xposed on my Nexus and browsed though the available modules, but as I am relatively new to the whole topic of rooting / Xposed etc. I am currently unsure which module to install so I thought it would be great to have some kind of function to put a module to a bookmark / watchlist / wishlist section similar to the Play Store instead of installing it right away. That button could be placed next to the download button e.g.

Many thanks for thinking about it And thanks for providing such awesome work with the framework.

Tidiroi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Morning,

what do you think? Would it be possible to add some kind of "watchlist" to Xposed?

With a hopefully ever growing list of modules it could be quite handy.

Thanks for considering it.

defim
Old
Thanks Meter 801
My way of bookmarking: I download and install a module but don't enable it in Xposed. So I could try it later
Motorola Defy+ aka MB526 Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen Mod
Samsung S4a aka GT-i9295 Android 4.2.2 Google Edition
My Android apps / Xposed modules: show Threads

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14,086
I could imagine that feature some kind in the future. It could be integrated into the "Settings" tab of the module. Not high prio for me though...
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

defim
Old
Thanks Meter 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
I could imagine that feature some kind in the future. It could be integrated into the "Settings" tab of the module. Not high prio for me though...
Can you also please add a 5th state "dont remind for updates" to this settings tab?

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 14,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim View Post
Can you also please add a 5th state "dont remind for updates" to this settings tab?
Yeah. But do you think this makes sense as an option for the Stable/Beta/Experimental choice? It would mean that the module would be treated as if there weren't any versions at all. I think it would be better to make this a separate setting, so you would still see all the versions, but it wouldn't trigger the "updates available" texts on the welcome screen. This would be even better if it (optionally) remembered the latest version at the time you selected it, and would disable itself when there's a newer version available. So that would be a "skip this version" setting.
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?

defim
Old
Thanks Meter 801
@rovo89: "Skip this version" is even!
It fits my user case: Version 1.5 and 1.6 of an app doesnt work correctly, but 1.4 does. So it would be great to be informed of a 1.7, but do't show all the time "updated available"

andrug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I pretty much do the same as defim but run into problems on my tablet that doesn't have as much space to install to and it reserves 500 meg and blocks installs but if I want I could fill that space with download, music or whatever. Only way to install at that point is to delete stuff/uninstall to get above 500 mb free to install something and not really feasible on that device just to remember a module I want to try later or keep an eye on so I'd love a wish list type feature.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TwinAdk
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Hello,

The bookmark feature of xposed, could be an xposed module in itself, hooking the Xposed app and expanding its features Just a thought.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
Addicted to the creative genius of the Android devs - thank you all, for you guys make Android worth using!

Devices:
HTC Endeavor (HTC One X) | [AOKP] IceColdJelly421
HTC M7_UL (HTC One) | AICP - Android IceCold Project

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 14,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAdk View Post
The bookmark feature of xposed, could be an xposed module in itself, hooking the Xposed app and expanding its features Just a thought.
That would be very ugly...

Xposed is open-source for a reason. I don't see Xposed as the solution for everything. If you have the chance to change the software at it's origin, do that. It's less work and much more sustainable.