Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Save config & installed modules to Internal Memory/SDCard

Tip us?

J_M_V_S
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Default [REQUEST] Save config & installed modules to Internal Memory/SDCard

Hello,

I would like to know if an option could be added to save Xposed Installer settings and/or installed modules to the internal memory and/or SDCard. That way if you decide to change ROM, get back to factory defaults or similar you could easily restore settings and installed modules (not saying activating modules, just installing them). It could also be useful if you have more than one device where you can import the same settings as another device.

Thank you in advance.

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13706
We could talk about storing Xposed Installer's settings, but a) there aren't many of them and b) in more and more ROMs, apps can only write to one specific folder on the SD card, which is deleted when you uninstall the app.

Backing up modules (which are simply applications) or even their settings is out of scope for me. There are many apps for that, e.g. Titanium Backup.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

J_M_V_S
Old
(Last edited by J_M_V_S; 11th July 2014 at 04:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
We could talk about storing Xposed Installer's settings, but a) there aren't many of them and b) in more and more ROMs, apps can only write to one specific folder on the SD card, which is deleted when you uninstall the app.

Backing up modules (which are simply applications) or even their settings is out of scope for me. There are many apps for that, e.g. Titanium Backup.
Thank you for your reply. I meant backup a list of installed modules, not the modules (apks) and/or their settings. That way they can be re-downloaded by Xposed Installer when installing fresh or moving to another phone/system.

EDIT: Regarding where to store the saved settings maybe the cloud could be an option? (DropBox, Google, Mega, etc)

J_M_V_S
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
@rovo89 Were you able to see my response? I hope that now is clear what I would like to see implemented. Thank you.

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13706
What you suggest would first require something like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...odule-t2794359

But making a backup of the installer's data or even pushing them to the cloud is out of scope for me. There are enough apps out there which can do that.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

J_M_V_S
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
What you suggest would first require something like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...odule-t2794359

But making a backup of the installer's data or even pushing them to the cloud is out of scope for me. There are enough apps out there which can do that.
Thank you for your response. I will follow the suggested thread.

Mods can close this one.
Tags
export, import, modules, settings, xposed