5,606,779 Members 37,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.5.1)(12.04.2014)

Tip us?

Brotuck
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Wanted to install the framework, but i am getting:

sh: /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/install.sh: no such file or directory

What am i doing wrong ?
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brotuck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rovo89
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 11161
Do you have Busybox installed? Or rather, do you have an /sbin/sh executable? The script is executed by /sbin/sh, which is linked to /sbin/busybox on my phone.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brotuck
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Yes busybox is installed (double checked)
version is 1.19.4-Stericson

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 11161
I have the same.. but I'm not sure whether the link from /sbin/sh is automatically there. So I have checked the LPQ stock image and found out that /system/bin/sh is a part of it. I changed the references to it. Could you try that please?
Attached Files
File Type: apk XposedInstaller.apk - [Click for QR Code] (66.2 KB, 845 views)
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brotuck
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Installation succes !

First message was:

So i thought install again and i got:

After that the program still said not installed, but i decided to reboot and after thatthe program said installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brotuck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 11161
Thanks for the feedback! I hadn't thought of the commands like touch and chown that are executed by the script. I have also other versions of these. So now I changed it to always use the versions from /system/bin. I got the same errors then and corrected them. Also, the versions are now updated when you install.

I will update the first post with the new installer. You will probably need to reinstall, because the permissions could not be set correctly.

PS: Which ROM is that?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brotuck
Old
(Last edited by Brotuck; 6th April 2012 at 09:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 342
I will test the new apk no problem.
I am running xwlp4 odexed, rooted with speedmod

--edit --

Uninstalled and rebooted
Installed new version from fp and got this

Rebooted and xposed tells me installed

karl999999
Old
Thanks Meter 54
what about performance, and battery usage?
what are your thoughts on that?

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 11161
Battery impact should be close to zero. Xposed does not require any services or additional wakelocks. Also it does no polling (frequent checks for a certain state). There is a small initialization phase, afterwards it gets only called when one of the hooked methods is about to be executed. So it does not prevent deep sleep because it gets only triggered by apps/services running anyway.

This of course depends on how the modules are implemented. The red clock example hooks a specialized method that is only called when the clock text is updated (once a minute). If it instead hooked a very generic method like setText, it would be called more often and it would have to execute more new code to find out if it has to do something.

The same applies to performance. If the developer is specific with the method hooks and the ratio of original to additional code is sensible, the impact will be low.

These are mainly thoughts as I could not test battery impact over a longer period yet (too much develop and restarts etc). But I did not feel a performance impact from the clock example, so the framework should be fine.

Jecht
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So I've installed the apk and red clock test one aswell. It works fine on CM9 and seems like a great project.
Running CM9 for SGS2

Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed