5,594,386 Members 35,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.5.1)(12.04.2014)

Tip us?

rovo89
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 11020
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim1991 View Post
Got a question will this apk mod work with stock rooted note 2 t889 Im full stock no rom flashing just rooted I want to make sure I dont brick my phone or mess anything up does anyone know????
Should work. As always with modifications, I recommend to create a backup just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiel91 View Post
Hey
Wondering if you could help -
When entering xposed app settings and searching for an app to change the xposed app crashes.

Running the latest version 14/02/13 on rooted S3 with cfdroid 13.1 rom (based on xxema2)

Of coursr ive installed the framework and enabled app settings modulean rebooted.
Thanks
1. Please have a look at the first post.
2. Someone reported a similar problem here. Please check if updating to version 0.2 helps, otherwise reply there.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

adiel91
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: [FRAMEWORK] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs/flashing (2.1.2)(05.02.20

Hey,
Im running the latest framework 2.1.2
Also tried to rrmove and reinstall with no luck.

About the 1st post- what exactly to look for there?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 11020
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
In this thread, I'm presenting a framework which gives you the possibility to modify your ROM - without modifying any APK (developers) or flashing (users)!

Please don't use this thread for problems with modules or questions related to anything but the Xposed framework and its installer!
Oh, and with the version: I was referring to App Settings, version 0.2.
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?

adiel91
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: [FRAMEWORK] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs/flashing (2.1.2)(05.02.20

Oh really sorry then
Tried updating to 0.2 but still no luck
Can you please direct me to the correct thread to report the problem?
Thanks for all your help

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 11020
I did already, see above. Please also provide a logcat there, at least of the section around the crash. A few lines of context could help.
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adiel91
Old
Thanks Meter 15

Thanks
How do i pull logcat? Got no idea

Noed
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan View Post
Using app with DPI module on Nexus 4 with Xylon ROM. Works fine so far. The reason why I got this app is the market compatibility issue, not sure if it will fix it since I noticed its switching DPI second after I open market. My system DPI is 260, market obviously at 320

EDIT: yep, just as I thought, changing market DPI to 320 doesnt fix issues because it still thinks its at 260. This is not the case with Paranoid Android ROM. I suppose their method of changing DPI is different then

EDIT: Gonna try "All apps in Play Store" module
I was able to fix my Play Store DPI issues, configured the following services to run as 240dpi (which is my phone default):
com.google.android.gms (GmsCore.apk)
com.android.vending (Phonesky.apk)
com.google.android.gsf (GoogleServicesFramework.apk)

Now I can change DPI in build.prop and Play Store will still work... No longer need the Multi DPI modded Play Store (it was causing me other problems, more details here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post38102192 )

Another big thanks to Xposed, once again it saved me, like in other apps that doesn't like DPI changed.
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
RootBox 4.2.2 unnoficial 20130909
Dorimanx Kernel 9.38
The Following User Says Thank You to Noed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rovo89
Old
Thanks Meter 11020
Good luck with that. For me, it switched back after some time... then again, I didn't really modify the DPI, but the places where I think it was used and sent to Google. Maybe completely changing the DPI works better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyberpunk627
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Default R: [FRAMEWORK] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs/flashing (2.1.2)(05.02.201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noed View Post
I was able to fix my Play Store DPI issues, configured the following services to run as 240dpi (which is my phone default):
com.google.android.gms (GmsCore.apk)
com.android.vending (Phonesky.apk)
com.google.android.gsf (GoogleServicesFramework.apk)

Now I can change DPI in build.prop and Play Store will still work... No longer need the Multi DPI modded Play Store (it was causing me other problems, more details here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post38102192 )

Another big thanks to Xposed, once again it saved me, like in other apps that doesn't like DPI changed.
Thanks you for your suggestion mate!! Let us know if it works or not! Too bad that store at lower dpis looks huge. I hope that someone will come up with an effective and easy solution to this problem with altered dpis!

Galaxy Note II - Alliance Rom
Galaxy Note II N7100 | Alliance ROM | 240 dpi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyberpunk627 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

valkmanb
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
this could be a shot in the dark, but is there a way to make an apk to hide the status bar clock?

thanks

Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed