Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Xposed - Legacy thread. Don't panic, Xposed is still here.

OP rovo89

13th October 2013, 09:32 PM   |  #4571  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

I had a look at it. The error message mentioned that the function dvmChangeStatus couldn't be found. Well, actually it is there, but Asus has added an additional boolean parameter to it (which has never existed in AOSP). Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to find out what it does when all I have is this:

Code:
000ca100 <dvmChangeStatus(Thread*, ThreadStatus, bool)>:
   ca100:       8d 64 24 d4             lea    esp,[esp-0x2c]
   ca104:       89 5c 24 20             mov    DWORD PTR [esp+0x20],ebx
   ca108:       8b 5c 24 30             mov    ebx,DWORD PTR [esp+0x30]
   ca10c:       85 db                   test   ebx,ebx
   ca10e:       89 74 24 24             mov    DWORD PTR [esp+0x24],esi
   ca112:       89 7c 24 28             mov    DWORD PTR [esp+0x28],edi
   ca116:       8b 74 24 34             mov    esi,DWORD PTR [esp+0x34]
   ca11a:       0f b6 54 24 38          movzx  edx,BYTE PTR [esp+0x38]
   ca11f:       0f 84 a6 00 00 00       je     ca1cb <dvmChangeStatus(Thread*, ThreadStatus, bool)+0xcb>
Assember doesn't have variable names and such nice things. What I did find out was that it enables a different mode for locking (i.e. telling other threads that they shouldn't do certain things right now). Setting it to false should keep the standard behavior.
But it would be naive to assume that everything works fine just by setting this parameter to false. It's probably part of some bigger change that Asus has done and should be true under circumstance that I don't know. This is a very central part and I spent at least a week debugging and trying around to get this right when I started developing Xposed because I had a bad system stability.

So in short: I think I have to add this ROM to the incompatibility list. Could you give me the full name/version information please? If a new ROM gets rid of this parameter in the future, Xposed should work fine for it.

Oh so sad news Maybe I will try when new rom from asus come out... the tablet exactly is the Asus ME302C, android version 4.2.2, kernel 3.4.21, Rom 4.7.1 WW (the last one). If you need other information please tell me and good work!
13th October 2013, 09:37 PM   |  #4572  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

Could it be that you installed GB through CWM .zip provided by C3CO? It includes an init.d script that replaces app_process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

That would explain a lot. I don't understand why people keep flashing that even when it's available only for my gm2 ROM in my ROM thread. GB thread clearly says zip package is for gm2 rom.

Since I am able to read, I have certainly installed the apk file! And as I told you, since I have reverted to Xposed Framework v2.2 it is going nicely.
So there must be something wrong with 2.3/2.3.1...!?
13th October 2013, 10:05 PM   |  #4573  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 15,032

2,383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmn

hey guys, when i try to install xposed framework i come up with this
exec :no such file or directory .Can you help me asap??

Quote:

Does anyone know how to solve it??

Quote:

exec no such file or directory
How can I solve it??

Sorry, but you are too impatient to get support from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitastrudl

About installing xposed framework i would like to make a flashable zip to install it. I know how to make a basic flashable zip but i do not know what should be changed. Does xposed framework only modify the app_process file or does it replace? is it the only file that is being replaced? If so i could just make a flashable zip that replaces that file?

It replaces. You can have a look at this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44013064

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsonBear

Since I am able to read, I have certainly installed the apk file! And as I told you, since I have reverted to Xposed Framework v2.2 it is going nicely.
So there must be something wrong with 2.3/2.3.1...!?

No, there is something wrong with your ROM.
The app_process 37 belongs to version 2.2. As your ROM somehow always reverts to that version, it works fine with Xposed 2.2, but not with other versions.
It could either be some script that copies the binary from somewhere on reboot or your /system partition has become strange. If it's a script, you need to find and disable it, otherwise you could research why the partition is strange and might be able to flash the file via recovery. However, I don't think there is a flashable zip for 2.3 yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th October 2013, 10:05 PM   |  #4574  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 11,544

4,678 posts
Donate to Me
More
@SamsonBear
Sorry, I missed that piece of info...
Last edited by C3C076; 13th October 2013 at 10:09 PM.
13th October 2013, 10:09 PM   |  #4575  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
sorry rovo89 i have trying to solve it for hours but i cant succeed thats why i am a bit impatient..
13th October 2013, 10:19 PM   |  #4576  
Thanks Meter: 9

49 posts
thank you dev !!
wonderful work....framework along with modules is a must have...
if xda permits i would thnk dev for multiple no of times
13th October 2013, 11:01 PM   |  #4577  
Thanks Meter: 218

1,178 posts
sorry if this has been answered before, but 400 pages is a bit too much of a read for me.

is there a known compatibility issue with HTC One? The first time, i had to install it via flashing (i found a zip flashable zip someone posted) because any changes i made wouldn't stick after reboots.

now, it seems like i'm stuck in app_process version 37, while "bundle" is 42. i can't seem to activate unicon, and i'm stuck in a loop of "you need to restart to activate..." blah blah (i'm not in a boot loop).

Any directions would be appreciated.

Thanks
13th October 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #4578  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 15,032

2,383 posts
More
You answer it yourself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit

is there a known compatibility issue with HTC One? The first time, i had to install it via flashing (i found a zip flashable zip someone posted) because any changes i made wouldn't stick after reboots.

Version 37 belongs to Xposed 2.2, for Xposed 2.3 you need version 42. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I'm not aware of any zip for Xposed 2.3 (yet).
14th October 2013, 12:36 AM   |  #4579  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 520

746 posts
Anyone know if this latest version is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3? I read somewhere that there was a beta that was reportedly working, or an older version that did...but wanted to wait till an official update was out that had support.

TIA!
14th October 2013, 04:08 AM   |  #4580  
Thanks Meter: 46

133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gack69

Anyone know if this latest version is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3? I read somewhere that there was a beta that was reportedly working, or an older version that did...but wanted to wait till an official update was out that had support.

TIA!

I am using latest from the op on a Verizon note 3 with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to aerichards1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread