Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed - Legacy thread. Don't panic, Xposed is still here.

Tip us?

trueiceman
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default SnowJB Jellybean Stock 4.1.2 Stubborn Signal bars

I have SnowJB Rom which is At&t stock jellybean 4.1.2 and I can't seem to change the stock blue signal bars. The only thing it let me do was change them to full (non-working) static white. I've tried xblast, gravitybox and ex-themer modules but none worked. Has anyone successfully change the signal bars? Can anyone help? Thanks.

Pkt_Lnt
Old
Thanks Meter 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueiceman View Post
I have SnowJB Rom which is At&t stock jellybean 4.1.2 and I can't seem to change the stock blue signal bars. The only thing it let me do was change them to full (non-working) static white. I've tried xblast, gravitybox and ex-themer modules but none worked. Has anyone successfully change the signal bars? Can anyone help? Thanks.
You are in the wrong thread. This is for framework development ONLY. The first two posts have links to were to go ask about modules in the Collections of modules thread.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i9295 GSM /// [[ROM][WIP/Experimental][AOSP][4.4.4_r2] Google Edition for SGS4A (int'l) /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM /// [ROM] [AOSP] Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Nexus 7.2013 /// 4.4.4 [KTU84P] Stock KitKat (unlocked & rooted) /// Gravity Box [KK]
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Danation
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
Not sure if your idea would work. It seems cleaner to me to simply hook Activity.onActivityResult(). If you place the hook inside handleLoadPackage(), you add that (very little) overhead only to that particular app. I don't think you can even measure that, not even talking about noticing it. Of course you need to make sure that param.thisObject is the correct type, but that's a simple check.
Ah, I thought that even if you hooked to it within handleLoadPackage it would still run for every app, since it was for the global Activity class. Thank you for the correction. I'll go with that option. Thanks for your help!

foxmolder1985
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
Again, I don't see how this is related to the Xposed.
Sorry for the mess. I will report to the Immerse me module creator

rovo89
Old
(Last edited by rovo89; 11th February 2014 at 09:01 AM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danation View Post
Ah, I thought that even if you hooked to it within handleLoadPackage it would still run for every app, since it was for the global Activity class. Thank you for the correction. I'll go with that option. Thanks for your help!
It's limited because different processes have different memory, so hooking a method in one process doesn't have any effect on other processes. Only exception: Zygote is the parent process of every app, so changes done in the Zygote process before the app start are automatically inherited.

Regarding ZOPO devices: @add_pl sent me a useful logcat and the libdvm.so file. I had a look at both and I have to say: Sorry, but they have modified Android way too much to be compatible with Xposed. There are files called "core.jar.jex" (instead of "core.jar.dex") and the library is full of methods related to a compiler called "jazz" - probably their own one. It seems to have be an Ahead-of-time compiler, a bit like ART, but yet completely different. No way I can support that.
Note that this error is related to the ROM - if there are ROMs for these devices which are closer to AOSP, Xposed might actually work on those.

EDIT: @TheDeadCPU mentioned that these ROMs are running on"Aliyun OS" - an Android fork that even Google declared as "incompatible with Android". If you have an AOSP-based ROM, it should work.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedromsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Hi, I'm sorry about this, someone probably already posted the same issue but I can't find it! Maybe it's because my xposed framework installer is translated I'm not searching using the best keywords.

I'm sure my phone is rooted. After install the apk downloaded from the website link (I believe it's in the first or second post of this thread), Xposed Framework keeps telling me to install and reboot. I've done that more than 3 times...

When I tap "Framework" it says...

Versions
app_process (active - 47, avaliable - 47)
XposedBridge.jar (active - 42, avaliable, 42)

So it is installed and updated, right?

So why it's asking for me to activate and reboot?
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock

voorhees13
Old
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromsouza View Post
Hi, I'm sorry about this, someone probably already posted the same issue but I can't find it! Maybe it's because my xposed framework installer is translated I'm not searching using the best keywords.

I'm sure my phone is rooted. After install the apk downloaded from the website link (I believe it's in the first or second post of this thread), Xposed Framework keeps telling me to install and reboot. I've done that more than 3 times...

When I tap "Framework" it says...

Versions
app_process (active - 47, avaliable - 47)
XposedBridge.jar (active - 42, avaliable, 42)

So it is installed and updated, right?

So why it's asking for me to activate and reboot?
You have to reboot to activate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to voorhees13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedromsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees13 View Post
You have to reboot to activate it.
Thanks. I've done that many times... tried uninstall/reinstall/activate/reboot
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock

htcflyerhc
Old
Thanks Meter 25
is it xposed version for honeycomb 3.2.1

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to htcflyerhc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedromsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 12
No, it's 2.4.1. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392076660289.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	2571971Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392076672558.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2571973

Enviado de meu C6503 usando Tapatalk
Sony Xperia ZL (ZQ)
Android 4.3 Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to pedromsouza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe