Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed - Legacy thread. Don't panic, Xposed is still here.

Tip us?

SArnab©®
Old
(Last edited by SArnab©®; 21st February 2014 at 01:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1595

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
The main problem is that you are possibly forwarding a resource with ID 1 (or whatever the value of your setting is). But there is no resource with ID 1 in your module's resources. If you store the integer value for the color in this setting, simply leave out the modRes.fwd() and use the value directly as a replacement.
But then how this works for drawable replacement.
The same problem would have occured there if am not wrong.

Edit : Thank-you very much @rovo89
Its working perfectly now.
Sent From My Sony M Dual C2004
Mobile Phone : Sony Xperia™ M Dual C2004 | Android 4.3 Stock Rooted | Locked Bootloader | Xposed Framework.
Tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T311 | Android 4.2.2 Stock

Xposed Modules : Android Theme Engine a.k.a. ExThemer | Android Apps Theme Engine a.k.a. ExThemer 2

Android Apps : Google Play Link

Guides :
Guide To Re-Lock The Boot-Loader Of Any Sony Xperia Device If Ta Partition Backup Done Before Unlocking
[Guide/Tutorial][JB 4.3+]Create Your Own Xperia Theme

CodeingBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Yes, that might be helpful. If I understand you right, the official ROM on that page does probably not contain the incompatibility (yet)?

You can just reboot the device as usual from the power menu. The next version of Xposed Installer will use a custom build of BusyBox to reboot, so this error and also a problem with some HTC phones shouldn't happen anymore.
Maybe,I don't have a I9100 to test.Though it is the latest weekly-build, but I don't make sure of it.Someone who use I9100 said it is OK to use.
Maybe it just a bug which only cause on MI2/MI3, because many people who use them said xposed can't work on it, others seems not.
And I heard WSM is working on it...Anyway, here is the log.

CodeingBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Yes, that might be helpful. If I understand you right, the official ROM on that page does probably not contain the incompatibility (yet)?

You can just reboot the device as usual from the power menu. The next version of Xposed Installer will use a custom build of BusyBox to reboot, so this error and also a problem with some HTC phones shouldn't happen anymore.
Sorry for I forgot to upload logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (145.7 KB, 4 views)

chavocarlos
Old
(Last edited by chavocarlos; 21st February 2014 at 03:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 97
Anybody have issues using OpenVPN https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...penvpn.openvpn with Xposed Installed ??
I can't connect and logcat show like OpenVPN program detects xposed framework.

02-21 10:08:58.721 E/VpnConfirm(20698): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBri dge.java:126)

Regards.
Device: Nexus 4 + Stock 4.4 ROM + Semaphore + Moto X Qualcomm optimizations = Great performance
Feat.: LMT + Xposed Framework + AppSettings + GravityBox = Awesome look and feel!

phisama
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
Define "nothing." Does the application fail to install? Or does the installer install correctly, but you're unable to install the framework from within the app? Can you get a logcat?
Sorry for being unclear. The application fails to install. It simply seems to be busy for some time and then ends without visible result. And as I"m not that familiar with the terms (plus English is not my native tongue) , what please is a logcat?

claytonjn
Old
Thanks Meter 644

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisama View Post
Sorry for being unclear. The application fails to install. It simply seems to be busy for some time and then ends without visible result. And as I"m not that familiar with the terms (plus English is not my native tongue) , what please is a logcat?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=logcat
Don't like this floating cascade icon that appears in some of your MultiWindow apps on your Galaxy Note 10.1?

Click here to change it!
The Following User Says Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisama View Post
If it fails to install, you might not be running a supported Android version. Which OS version are you on?
We'd need a logcat to be sure about the reason, though. There are many tutorials around on how to take a logcat.

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13636
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeingBoy View Post
Sorry for I forgot to upload logs.
I had a quick look at it:
Code:
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): 	at android.content.res.MiuiResources.loadOverlayDrawable(MiuiResources.java:212)
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): 	at android.content.res.Resources$Injector.createFromResourceStream(Resources.java:81)
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): 	at android.content.res.Resources.loadDrawable(Resources.java:1966)
Not sure what exactly they have changed, maybe it is simple to fix. Do you happen to have the framework*.jar (+odex if applicable) of the last working version AND the this version or a link where I could download these ROMs to extract it myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavocarlos View Post
Anybody have issues using OpenVPN https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...penvpn.openvpn with Xposed Installed ??
I can't connect and logcat show like OpenVPN program detects xposed framework.

02-21 10:08:58.721 E/VpnConfirm(20698): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBri dge.java:126)

Regards.
This line just says that Xposed is installed, nothing else. You will find it in any stack trace because it's at the entry point of the Android system. You can easily test if Xposed has something to do with it by uninstalling Xposed temporarily.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

chavocarlos
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
I had a quick look at it:
Code:
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): at android.content.res.MiuiResources.loadOverlayDrawable(MiuiResources.java:212)
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): at android.content.res.Resources$Injector.createFromResourceStream(Resources.java:81)
02-19 20:08:50.988: W/Zygote(5264): at android.content.res.Resources.loadDrawable(Resources.java:1966)
Not sure what exactly they have changed, maybe it is simple to fix. Do you happen to have the framework*.jar (+odex if applicable) of the last working version AND the this version or a link where I could download these ROMs to extract it myself?

This line just says that Xposed is installed, nothing else. You will find it in any stack trace because it's at the entry point of the Android system. You can easily test if Xposed has something to do with it by uninstalling Xposed temporarily.
Yes, I did it, and then works. Install again and stop working.

Regards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Device: Nexus 4 + Stock 4.4 ROM + Semaphore + Moto X Qualcomm optimizations = Great performance
Feat.: LMT + Xposed Framework + AppSettings + GravityBox = Awesome look and feel!

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13636
Quote:
FYI, I will participate in a Reddit AMA ("Ask Me Anything") this Friday (Feb 21) at 19:00 CET (other timezones here).

I'm new to Reddit, so I'm not sure yet what kind of questions I will get. We will see. If you have a question as well, feel free to join.

Just to set expectations right (and even though it's called AMA):
I will NOT answer support "questions" in this session, they should be asked here (for the framework/installer) or in the module threads.
I will NOT (and cannot) answer questions about specific modules.
I will NOT answer module requests and probably I cannot say whether high-level feature XYZ can be implemented with Xposed - that's only possible after a time-consuming technical analysis.
As a reminder, I'm now answering questions on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...of_xposed_ama/
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe