Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed - Legacy thread. Don't panic, Xposed is still here.

Tip us?
 
cssekhar
Old
#9651  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post

Notifying would mean to constantly check the log. However, in the next version the log section should no longer crash, it's limited to 2 MB
why .. an option to check manually would be fine..checking errors cosistently(or can make us choose cosistent or manual). only check log file manully to notify that 'this module' may have a problem/error..
 
claytonjn
Old
#9652  
claytonjn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 676
Posts: 1,356
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssekhar View Post
why .. an option to check manually would be fine..checking errors cosistently(or can make us choose cosistent or manual). only check log file manully to notify that 'this module' may have a problem/error..
If it checks it manually then couldn't you just as easily tap "Logs" and see for yourself?
Don't like this floating cascade icon that appears in some of your MultiWindow apps on your Galaxy Note 10.1?

Click here to change it!
 
cssekhar
Old
#9653  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post

Notifying would mean to constantly check the log. However, in the next version the log section should no longer crash, it's limited to 2 MB
I think a feature to check manually would be fine..checking errors cosistently Is not needed. (or can make us choose cosistent or manual). only check log file manully to notify that 'this module' may have a problem/error.. is it an appropriate idea?I dont know
 
rovo89
Old
#9654  
rovo89's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,095
Posts: 2,367
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssekhar View Post
I think a feature to check manually would be fine..checking errors cosistently Is not needed. (or can make us choose cosistent or manual). only check log file manully to notify that 'this module' may have a problem/error.. is it an appropriate idea?I dont know
You simply look at the log file. If something is wrong, you will see it without further explanations. Modules shouldn't write anything to the log if they are working fine (or just a very little bit). So I don't see how that should be analysed further. I understood your problem as "I couldn't check the log because the app crashed", and that will be fixed.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
 
cssekhar
Old
#9655  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
If it checks it manually then couldn't you just as easily tap "Logs" and see for yourself?
yes thats easy ..only if the file doesn't open due to the size like mine was 24M...

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
You simply look at the log file. If something is wrong, you will see it without further explanations. Modules shouldn't write anything to the log if they are working fine (or just a very little bit). So I don't see how that should be analysed further. I understood your problem as "I couldn't check the log because the app crashed", and that will be fixed.
that explained.. thanks
 
rovo89
Old
(Last edited by rovo89; 23rd March 2014 at 02:01 PM.)
#9656  
rovo89's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,095
Posts: 2,367
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Xposed 2.5 beta

This is Xposed version 2.5 beta1. The main new features and fixes in this version are:
  • Rewritten framework installation/uninstallation
    • Uses interactive su (via libsuperuser) to provide improved compatibility with different Superuser apps
    • Better feedback when root access fails (doesn't freeze the app anymore)
    • Offers installation via custom recovery (CWM/TWRP), either flashing the file automatically or manually
  • Safemode to disable Xposed with hardware keys to get out of (most) bootloops
  • Compatibility with Sony/LG ROMs (4.3 and 4.4), Meizu ROMs (4.4)
  • Debug setting to disable resource hooking as a temporary workaround for incompatibilities with some theming engines (not all modules can be used in this mode)

There are also other improvements and fixes. In case you get a message "Segmentation fault" during installation, you can now download an additional app which provides statically compiled versions of BusyBox (a lot bigger, but should work everywhere). It's not needed otherwise.

Quick explanation of the safemode: It was developed by @Tungstwenty and makes it possible to disable Xposed by repeatedly pressing one of the hardware buttons during early startup. The phone will vibrate twice when the first key press has been detected. Then you have five seconds to press the same button four more times. Each key press will be confirmed with a short vibration; the final one with a long vibration. It creates /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/disabled, which prevents most of Xposed's actions (e.g. no hooks are made and no modules are loaded). There's no 100% guarantee that this will get you out of a bootloop, but in most cases it should.

I will leave this version up for a few days for bug reports and to give translators a chance to add missing strings. Unless critical bugs are found, I plan to upload a final version to the repository (e.g. for auto-updates) some time next week.

Update: 2.5 beta2 includes some fixes in the root error detection, plus an indication that the installation mode text is actually clickable.

Update: The final version is out, please use it instead of the beta: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9883
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
The Following 105 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ramer84015
Old
#9657  
Ramer84015's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,334
Posts: 1,072
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunset
@rovo89: Will you be publishing the .zip version as well? Being eager, I flashed the .zip I linked to this morning for the heck of it, and it worked for me. I just tried the 2.5 beta 1 and it broke Xposed for me again. I just repeated what I did this morning to get it back again though. Also, out of curiosity, isn't it common to just have to install the .apk? (At least on my two other android devices and my Nexus 7 until I installed F2FS and Slimkat) Thanks again
 
claytonjn
Old
#9658  
claytonjn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 676
Posts: 1,356
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
@rovo89: Will you be publishing the .zip version as well? Being eager, I flashed the .zip I linked to this morning for the heck of it, and it worked for me. I just tried the 2.5 beta 1 and it broke Xposed for me again. I just repeated what I did this morning to get it back again though. Also, out of curiosity, isn't it common to just have to install the .apk? (At least on my two other android devices and my Nexus 7 until I installed F2FS and Slimkat) Thanks again
Go into settings and change installation mode.
Don't like this floating cascade icon that appears in some of your MultiWindow apps on your Galaxy Note 10.1?

Click here to change it!
 
Ramer84015
Old
#9659  
Ramer84015's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,334
Posts: 1,072
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunset
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
Go into settings and change installation mode.
The only thing I see under settings is Enable downloads. Am I looking in the wrong place?
 
claytonjn
Old
#9660  
claytonjn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 676
Posts: 1,356
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
The only thing I see under settings is Enable downloads. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Install the 2.5 beta 1 apk first. Then you can chose to install the framework as a zip rather than the traditional method.
Don't like this floating cascade icon that appears in some of your MultiWindow apps on your Galaxy Note 10.1?

Click here to change it!

The Following User Says Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes