No registration required

[Q][Xposed] Altering an Application's Style/Theme

OP M4X MX

28th July 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,

I want to force some applications to have floating windows using the (awesome ^^ ) Xposed framework.

So far, I managed to hook on the "onAttachedToWindow()" method (as explained here goo.gl/ZFb8iQ ) to set the floating layout (as explained in goo.gl/GyCXac ), which seems to work pretty well (I can't embed a screenshot due to the forum's restrictions to new members).

However, in order to set a transparent background (outside the resized app, in order to allow the manipulation of other apps in the background), the only method that I'm aware of is adding the following line in the app theme (e.g. styles.xml)

Code:
<item name="android:windowIsTranslucent">true</item>
My question is: how can I do that using Xposed ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
28th July 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 7,215

5,869 posts
Donate to Me
More
windowIsTranslucent can't be set programmatically AFAIK. You could try seeing where windowIsTranslucent is parsed and set (in the AOSP source code), and hook that method to enable it for your package.
29th July 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

windowIsTranslucent can't be set programmatically AFAIK. You could try seeing where windowIsTranslucent is parsed and set (in the AOSP source code), and hook that method to enable it for your package.

I see. It's a shame the Android framework doesn't allow such a thing...

Is there any other technique for forcing activities to display a floating window (programmatically) ?

Also, would it be possible, with the help of Xposed, to create a translucent floating window then "insert" a hooked activity into it ?
Or, how could I use Xposed to make an app use a custom theme ?
Last edited by M4X MX; 29th July 2014 at 12:53 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread