Top Forum Discussions

Xposed for Lollipop on Genymotion

1,909 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,137

By itandy, Senior Member on 16th February 2015, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I tried to install xposed-arm-20150213b.zip (by drag and drop) in Genymotion Android 5.0 VM, but when I run the new installer, it says the framework is not installed at all.

Anyone is able to do that?

16th February 2015, 12:47 PM |#2  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 675

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy

I tried to install xposed-arm-20150213b.zip (by drag and drop) in Genymotion Android 5.0 VM, but when I run the new installer, it says the framework is not installed at all.

Anyone is able to do that?

It's expected, as xposed on Lollipop is now only works on ARMv7 (and I believe Genymotion should be x86)
And flashing xposed in Genymotion Android 5.0 VM actually seems to corrupt some very important parts of ART (I've tried it myself). After flashing you won't be able to install any app anymore (luckily it's a VM so I can start from scratch again). I don't think anyone should be flashing xposed on Genymotion for the time being.
The Following User Says Thank You to kennethso168 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2015, 06:44 PM |#3  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 38,494

Donate to Me
More
I'm using Genymotion myself, and it's working if compiled for x86. However, I can't even catch up with issues on ARM at the moment, so I would like to postpone posting the binaries for x86 and arm64 until the dust has settled a bit.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 09:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

I'm using Genymotion myself, and it's working if compiled for x86. However, I can't even catch up with issues on ARM at the moment, so I would like to postpone posting the binaries for x86 and arm64 until the dust has settled a bit.

Xposed for Genymotion would speed up module adaption, so it would be great if it could happen. Not too happy with KitKat on my SGS2 right now... Some more stability+some Xposed fixes and I will be fine, but would like to update one module for others.
But everything has its time...
23rd April 2015, 12:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Question
Quote:

Does it work with houdini without native binary for x86?
I want to try it on my ASUS ZenFone 6 running 5.0 lollipop.
Last edited by DIXES; 26th April 2015 at 03:23 AM.
13th June 2015, 10:30 PM |#6  
Flag Coral Springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 621

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Any update on a working version for Genymotion?

Thanks!
14th July 2015, 12:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Akkord

Any update on a working version for Genymotion?

Thanks!

Tried GenyFlash ?
14th July 2015, 09:38 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

Tried GenyFlash ?

Yes, I can finally use Xposed on Genymotion using the latest x86 version.
16th July 2015, 11:59 PM |#9  
Flag Coral Springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 621

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

Tried GenyFlash ?

Yup! Been loving it. No more waiting 30 seconds to try something out. No more going crazy and re-evaluating because I don't know if its gonna work or not. I can install and test in 5 seconds
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread