[Q] Not loading class from Classes2.dex?

OP cryptyk

20th August 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,740

437 posts
I'm trying to hook the following: com.google.android.ulr.ApiRate

It's in com.google.android.gms (Google Play Services). I verified it's in there by dex dumping the Classes2.dex from Play Services.

At runtime, I get this:
Code:
de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers$ClassNotFoundError: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.android.ulr.ApiRate
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.android.ulr.ApiRate" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/framework/com.android.media.remotedisplay.jar", zip file "/system/framework/com.android.location.provider.jar", zip file "/data/app/com.google.android.gms-2.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.google.android.gms-2, /vendor/lib, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]
The only thing I can think of is that it's because it's in Classes2.dex instead of Classes.dex?

Any thoughts?
21st August 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 6,741

5,690 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks like you got this fixed. What was the problem?
22nd August 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,740

437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Looks like you got this fixed. What was the problem?

I wasn't able to fix it. I tried using multidex but never got it working. In the end, i had to dig through a lot of projects dalvik bytecode and follow the call stack back to a place defined in classes.dex, then hook it there. Not ideal, and more chances for side effects, but things seem to be working

I'd love to see a fix at some point!
The Following User Says Thank You to cryptyk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread