Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.1+] PinNotif - Pin Important Notifications To Avoid Clearing Them Accidentally

Tip us?

_jis_
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagarwa View Post
Yea, possbly ViewInPlay was the issue. Disabled notification shade option in that and Pin returned. I wish both could work together.
Use Play Store link in App info 1.0 from qwerty12 instead of ViewInPlay 1.0.8.

bagarwa
Old
Thanks Meter 2,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jis_ View Post
Use Play Store link in App info 1.0 from qwerty12 instead of ViewInPlay 1.0.8.
That's the one I was using previously. That gives the play store link only in the app info page. ViewInPlay creates a link in Notification shade and recent apps screen too. I have disabled it in the notification shade so that the PinNotif can work.
UCCW Theme screens - Be amazed at what UCCW can do

Play Store | App Store | MyColorScreen | Wizard Work
My UCCW Skins for download - Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | XDA
Icon theme packs for Nova/Apex/ADW/Go Launcher - Part 1 | Part 2

_jis_
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
That's the one I was using previously. That gives the play store link only in the app info page.
Me too, but I returned to it from ViewInPlay, because Play Store link in App info works without any problem and it has much smaller footprint than ViewInPlay.

Quote:
ViewInPlay creates a link in Notification shade and recent apps screen too.
I use Play Store link in App info and have App Info link in both places too.

kaopho
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Compatibility is ok for Xperia device ?

electricpete1
Old
(Last edited by electricpete1; 16th July 2014 at 01:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 156
Simply outstanding work! This is the fourth GermainZ Xposed module that has earned a permanent place on my phone (out of only 11 total that have earned such distinction).

SUGGESTION: Revise the OP to state something like:
“This will not prevent notifications from being cleared by the application when you click on them. It simply prevents them from being cleared when you click 'clear all'."

WHY DO I SUGGEST THAT:
The average non-sophisticated user (like me), relates the word “pinned” to things like pinning an app to status bar in windows or pinning a post to the top of a forum....or even in the old days pinning a paper note on a corkboard. In all those cases, it stays pinned there until you deliberately unpin it. You have explained several times in the thread already why that’s not the case for notifications, but I’ll bet you’ll be answering that same question again and again if you don’t put it in the op. I read where you said "to prevent accidentally clearing", but that didn't tell the whole story for a simple minded person like me who expected it to remain pinned until deliberately unpinned.

Thanks again for all your great modules.
AT&T GS4 SGH-i337 with MK2, rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to electricpete1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricpete1 View Post
Simply outstanding work! This is the fourth GermainZ Xposed module that has earned a permanent place on my phone (out of only 11 total that have earned such distinction).

SUGGESTION: Revise the OP to state something like:
“This will not prevent notifications from being cleared by the application when you click on them. It simply prevents them from being cleared when you click 'clear all'."

WHY DO I SUGGEST THAT:
The average non-sophisticated user (like me), relates the word “pinned” to things like pinning an app to status bar in windows or pinning a post to the top of a forum....or even in the old days pinning a paper note on a corkboard. In all those cases, it stays pinned there until you deliberately unpin it. You have explained several times in the thread already why that’s not the case for notifications, but I’ll bet you’ll be answering that same question again and again if you don’t put it in the op. I read where you said "to prevent accidentally clearing", but that didn't tell the whole story for a simple minded person like me who expected it to remain pinned until deliberately unpinned.

Thanks again for all your great modules.
Added:
Quote:
This will not prevent notifications from being cleared by the application when you open them, and the application can still control the notification at any time (including clearing it). It simply prevents them from being cleared when you tap the "clear all" button or when you try to swipe them away.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marbulas
Old
Thanks Meter 146
@GermainZ
How about setting toe priority of notifs?
This module can pin them but not make them the top of lists of notif panel.
(ongoing notifs goes there usually as we know)

Andriy2
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default Custom ROMs

@GermainZ
Can you change adding method?
Because I like Pinned Notifications, but I more like ROMs features....

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriy2 View Post
@GermainZ
Can you change adding method?
Because I like Pinned Notifications, but I more like ROMs features....
No, I don't see any other method that doesn't make it overly complicated.