Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APK][Xposed] resOverloader - Overload applications res files

Tip us?

siva710
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to use with Gingerbread 2.3.6 :(

Bro, My phone has Xposed GB framework installed. I downloaded resOverloader v2.0 and tried to install it. But It said, "There is an error while parsing the application". Pls help me.

afridi.shahriar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by babuilyas View Post
Hello community,
I'm very glad to share my first trial of development which ran successfully for me and hope this will be useful for the rest.

I'm a big fan of a few chinese apps (baidu cloud, weiyun). Previously I was able to decompose and translate these apks to english until vendors injected apk signature validations into their apps. I even used these apps in foreign language but the experience were annoying. So I decided to translate these apps with some development. Eventually I came across resXploit by WisdomSky which give me a clue and I started this and it works .

Basically resOverloader overloads strings.xml file for any apk (application). Source code is hosted on github for other devs to incorporate other resources as well. I'm not experienced dev and sharing this here for others and further development.

How to setup
  1. Extract strings.xml from your target apk using apktool. read more
  2. Translate strings.xml to your language. (I had developed a tool for it and would share it later)
  3. Now create resOverloader folder in sdcard.
  4. Find your app full qualified name in applications under settings and create a folder with app full name. (eg. com.baidu.netdisk)
  5. Now copy the translated strings.xml to app folder inside resOverloader.
  6. Restart your phone and it is done.

Hope this will help starters and requesting experience devs to add arrays.xml to this.

Github: https://github.com/babuilyas/resOverloader

Change log:
2.0 : rebuilt with targetSDK 14 and it should work for 2.2+ now. pls confirm.

Thank you for reading... Cheers.
Sorry to say,that,after enabling this module, i (mt6589 chipset, aosp/stock4.2.2) get something near to bootlop, it takes 10 mins to boot!!! After completed booting it automatically hangs and restart within few mins. I just have enabled this module,i dont modified any strings though!! Plz fix this issue

babuilyas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by afridi.shahriar View Post
Sorry to say,that,after enabling this module, i (mt6589 chipset, aosp/stock4.2.2) get something near to bootlop, it takes 10 mins to boot!!! After completed booting it automatically hangs and restart within few mins. I just have enabled this module,i dont modified any strings though!! Plz fix this issue
pls share logcat and xposed log. I don't expect this behaviour due to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siva710 View Post
Bro, My phone has Xposed GB framework installed. I downloaded resOverloader v2.0 and tried to install it. But It said, "There is an error while parsing the application". Pls help me.
I tried and compiled it with lower target sdk and you reported it does't work on GB. the sources are on github, and i would suggests rebuilt it for your device. this requires little efforts. I had hdd crash and lost much of my data.
LG E970 (geep)
Nexus 7 (grouper)
Xperia Ray (urushi)

(pls don't hesitate to Click Thanks if I helped)

mrjoy
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by afridi.shahriar View Post
+1

TheTAMAS
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Smile Humble request

Please could anyone translate the Chinese to English inside this app here-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oo360.smartkey

I know there's an app called Klick offering similar functions but this app offers better functions than Klick (or the DRM protected Pressy for that case)..
Skip typing - hit instead..

It's a Bird.. It's a Plane.. It's