Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][Xposed][Sense6] Stock battery with percentage

Tip us?

agentdr8
Old
(Last edited by agentdr8; 23rd July 2014 at 07:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Battery Full [MOD][Xposed][Sense6] Stock battery with percentage

A very simple mod I threw together to replace the stock Sense 6 battery images with ones that have a numeric percentage embedded. This module will most likely only work on HTC devices running Sense 6 (m7, m8, etc), but might work on older devices running Sense 5/5.5 as HTC hasn't changed their battery image resource names in a while.

v1.3

v1.4.1

Install steps:
  1. Make sure you have the latest Xposed Framework installed (ARHD offers it in the AROMA installer).
  2. Make sure you enable the app_process from within Xposed Installer and reboot
  3. Install attached apk, just like you would any other apk
  4. Enable module in Xposed Installer and either reboot, or restart the shell (adb shell 'stop;start' or Soft reboot)
  5. Enjoy

If you'd rather customize (or have the ability to) the entire statusbar, check out my other module here.
For those running XSBM, I've put together an iconpack with this battery set here.

Also available in the Xposed Repo

Thanks to @jsmith8858 for the excellent BatteryIconMaker tool. It makes generating images so much easier/faster!

Changelog

• Increased percent numbers to 22pt, removed bold to enhance readability
    • Added gray fill to battery background to make numbers more visible on light and dark backgrounds
    • Increased font size to 27pt, and all numbers are black. Should be very visible now on all backgrounds except pure white.

• Battery icons provided by @brianhill1980 - numbers are outlined with transparent background
    • Now with larger numbers and more defined outline
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahac85
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Hi is it possible to make the percentage size a bit bigger as i find it quite small and difficult to make out what it says?
------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
ROM: Stock Odexed MK6 | JellyBean 4.3
KERNEL: Boeffla Kernel 5.2 Stable
RECOVERY: PhilZ Touch CWM 6.12.8

Sign up for FREE 2GB Dropbox Cloud Storage and get an additional 500mb space! db.tt/4Mpm5Us

agentdr8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahac85 View Post
Hi is it possible to make the percentage size a bit bigger as i find it quite small and difficult to make out what it says?
Sure. Give me a day or two.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

realatombu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8 View Post
Sure. Give me a day or two.
pls and thank you, waiting for that badly

i attached a .zip, could you pls do this one??

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: rar drawable-xxhdpi.rar - [Click for QR Code] (51.7 KB, 12 views)

khriztianjs
Old
Thanks Meter 33
thanks working in maximus hd
The Following User Says Thank You to khriztianjs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agentdr8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by realatombu View Post
pls and thank you, waiting for that badly

i attached a .zip, could you pls do this one??

thanks
Don't have the time to hand-edit 100+ images to change the font size. I use the BatteryIconMaker utility to do the numbers and battery background generation, and then combine them with ImageMagick scripts. It takes a few minutes this way, instead of hours/days the other way.

agentdr8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
New version on OP has larger (and easier to read) numbers now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Johnny424
Old
(Last edited by Johnny424; 1st July 2014 at 04:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 156
Hey op thank you for this mod. I thought I was never gonna get to have percent stock battery on stock rom lol...also thanks for the update enlarging percentage. Anyway you could change the percent color to something besides black? Maybe grey. Reason is once any app is launched and battery is below certain percent and status bar is no longer transparent you can only see one of the two digits if that makes any sense lol. Made much better sense in my head

agentdr8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny424 View Post
Hey op thank you for this mod. I thought I was never gonna get to have percent stock battery on stock rom lol...also thanks for the update enlarging percentage. Anyway you could change the percent color to something besides black? Maybe grey. Reason is once any app is launched and battery is below certain percent and status bar is no longer transparent you can only see one of the two digits if that makes any sense lol. Made much better sense in my head
Hmm, that is a problem. I'll play around with the colors and see if I can come up with something that looks ok on both light and dark backgrounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agentdr8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Updated version on OP. Let me know if that helps with number visibility.

Tags
battery, statusbar, xposed