FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED][CM] Open picture from camera in any app

759 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,995
 
By paphonb, Senior Member on 10th July 2016, 02:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Edit: As @avmabrie pointed out. This problem can be easily fixed without using Xposed. Just freezing the Gallery app is enough.

As you may already know that when you click the picture thumbnail in Snap camera (CM's default camera), it will open the last picture in the ugly Gallery app. It's very annoying to me. So I created this module.
This module will allow you to choose any apps to open the picture instead of the default Gallery.

Download

How it works


XDA:DevDB Information
SnapCameraToGallery, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
paphonb
Xposed Package Name: xyz.paphonb.snapcameratogallery

Version Information
Status: Testing
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2016-07-10

Created 2016-07-10
Last Updated 2016-07-10
 
 
10th July 2016, 04:03 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Not to be mean I respect all work by xda developers but this fix is simple without using a xposed module. Download titanium backup. Click back/restore. Scroll until you find the gallery app (should be highlighted in red since it's a system app. Options will pop up to what you would want to do with it and simply select freeze. After it freezes you can pick what gallery app should be chosen when you take a picture and want to review it
10th July 2016, 06:37 PM |#3  
paphonb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,995
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmabrie

Not to be mean I respect all work by xda developers but this fix is simple without using a xposed module. Download titanium backup. Click back/restore. Scroll until you find the gallery app (should be highlighted in red since it's a system app. Options will pop up to what you would want to do with it and simply select freeze. After it freezes you can pick what gallery app should be chosen when you take a picture and want to review it

Didn't try it. But it's hardcoded in the app to launch Gallery.
Edit: my fault.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
10th July 2016, 06:47 PM |#4  
godlesplay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 226
 
More
@paphonb could you make your module compatible with samsung camera? something like this module http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.s...gcameragallery , but it is abandoned and doesn't work on my kitkat stock rom
10th July 2016, 06:49 PM |#5  
paphonb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,995
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay

@paphonb could you make your module compatible with samsung camera? something like this module http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.s...gcameragallery , but it is abandoned and doesn't work on my kitkat stock rom

Can you send me your gallery app?
Also please try the above method. It might work.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
10th July 2016, 07:45 PM |#6  
godlesplay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 226
 
More
I'm using quickpic from play store, and I tried it but when I click thumnail = camera fc
11th July 2016, 08:44 PM |#7  
Atharkhan101's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I wanted this for ages but not compatible with my Jellybean 4.2.2.

Sent from my Micromax Canvas 4 A210 Jellybean 4.2.2 (Lollipop themed rom by FSadino + Gravitybox).
16th July 2016, 04:52 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paphonb

Can you send me your gallery app?
Also please try the above method. It might work.

virusssss !!!!!!
16th July 2016, 04:59 AM |#9  
paphonb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,995
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salim05000

virusssss !!!!!!

What?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
18th July 2016, 03:46 AM |#10  
Vlackrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Strong
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Can you do this but for lullipop? I will love you forever.
24th July 2016, 08:17 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
i need this app as I didn't buy titaniam backup pro which is lack of freeze function

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes