Some apps redirect all external links through their servers. This breaks intent filters (which means you can't open Play Store links with the Play Store, GitHub links with the GitHub app, etc - you're forced to use a browser to get past the redirection.)
This module removes the crappy link redirection/masking/tracking from various apps.
Also, if URL unshortening is enabled, the module will also try to resolve shortened URLs before opening them. This means that e.g. shortened links leading to YouTube (for example: http://bit.ly/1gf00Wo) can be directly opened in the YouTube app.
If you still don't understand what this module does, you can read a detailed example here.
Non root users can use this app.
For apps: When requesting support for an app you use, include its download link (e.g. Play Store.)
Since it's unlikely I'm also using whatever app you want, I also need detailed information if e.g. link masking only happens in certain parts, and getting there isn't straightforward.
Also gives an example of how the URL is formatted (what *should* open, and what is opening instead.) For example, this is what happens for the Play Store:
What should open: http://xda-developers.com What is actually being opened because of the app's link masking: http://google.com/?q=http://xda-developers.com&sa=asnfioASFOASh01aF
For URL shorteners: URL shorteners that require user interaction, such as Adfly, won't be supported.
Of course, pull requests are very welcome if you can do add support for it by yourself.
Please include a non-filtered logcat when reporting issues, as well as the full URL if applicable.
The best way to include a logcat is to use a pastebin such as bpaste.net, pastie.org, or ix.io.
Do not use the Xposed Installer's "Log" section, as that's not made to give the full logcat.
CrappaLinks supports the following URL shorteners:
And these hosts for masked URLs:
- Fix for absolute URLs
- Ignore <noscript> meta refreshes
- Resolve All URLs: 'Only on WiFi' option
- New URL shorteners: glm.io, nazr.in, chip.biz, ift.tt, dopice.sk, phon.es, buff.ly
- New URL masker: getpocket.com
- Added option to use the LongURL API to unshorten URLs.
- Added Google Forms link to submit new URLs.
- Added dustn.ws to URL shorteners.
- Bug fixes.
- Updated Slovak and Chinese translations.
- Added new maskers: pt.tapatalk.com (support for the latest TapaTalk versions.)
- Added new shorteners: ht.ly, po.st, ohmyyy.gt.
- Avoid infinite loops if the URL can't be unmasked correctly.
- Translations: added Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, updated Slovak.
- Try to detect meta tag redirects for all hosts.
- Use CookieManager to store cookies. This is necessary for e.g. nytimes which kept redirecting us in a loop otherwise.
- Go back to using the default user agent, setting a custom one was apparently messing up some requests.
- Add preference to disable resolving all URLs: *after* clicking a shortened URL and resolving it once, only known URL shorteners will be resolved. Consumes less bandwidth, but may not resolve all *nested* shortened URLs correctly. Example: goo.gl/something (known; resolve) -> tinyurl.com/something (known; resolve) -> some-unknown-shortener.com (unknown; do not resolve) -> ???
- Spoof Firefox for Android's User Agent. This may be useful when the "Resolve All URLs" option is checked, as websites will send us the mobile versions instead (less bandwidth consumption.)
- Use correct hook for ICS (the module wasn't working correctly for ICS devices.)
- Fixed Dutch translation.
- Avoid infinite loops.
- Add support for YouTube attribution links.
- Add Dutch and Greek translations.
- Update German translation.
- Confirmation dialog: handle back button;
- Don't ignore unshortened links (useful for a masked URL inside a shortened one);
- Handle subdomains for masked/shortened URLs and fix CrappaLinks ignoring those starting with "www.";
- Better connection error feedback;
- Chinese translation;
- Added URL shortners: t.cn, url.cn;
- Updated German translation.
- Added option to show a confirmation dialog before opening unshortened URLs;
- Fix issue with redirects that use relative Locations;
- Added support for more hosts. apicdn.viglink.com, affiliation.appgratuites-network.com, spon.de.
2.0.1: Bug fix, some URLs were detected as being masked when they shouldn't be (which caused an infinite loop.)
2.0: System wide support.
1.7.2: TapaTalk v2 bug fix.
1.7.1: Facebook bug fix.
- New icon;
- Fix slight issue with some Facebook links not being unmasked;
- Added support for TapaTalk v2;
- Bug fixes with Vk and the Play Store;
- Added support for Slickdeals;
- Added support for myDealZ;
- Added preference to hide icon from launcher;
1.5: Added support for Scope.
1.4: Added support for Facebook and Vk.
1.3: Added Google Play support.
1.2: Added support for XDA Premium.
1.1: Possible fix for some links.
1.0: Initial release. Only supports TapaTalk.
- rovo89 and Tungstwenty for the Xposed Framework;
- AChep for helping and testing various stuff;
- julianjm for helping out with URL resolving;
- DD-Ripper for the app's icon;
- All translators and testers.