FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED]Whatsapp Quiet Hours

20th April 2014, 12:38 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Introduction

This module modify the way WhatsApp push notifications to make it compatible with CyanogenMod's Quiet Hours and/or other Quiet Hours apps or Xposed Modules.
If you don't have any Quiet Hour app, it doesn't matter, this module provides you with a custom Quiet Hours settings.
It also add the "Mute All" feature, which mute all WhatsApp notifications for a period of time (1 hour, 4 hours, 8 hours).

Requirements:
Xposed Framework
minSdkVersion 14 (Android 4.0+)

Quote:

Changelog:
DO NOT UPDATE TO THIS VERSION IF YOUR ARE NOT IN WHATSAPP VERSION WITH MATERIAL DESIGN

Known issues:
-no known issue so far, please report.

Changelogs

Quote:

Changelog:
*support new WhatsApp UI (Callings)
*quickfix for callings (calling ringer not being played untill "call
missed" notification) "Contact ringtone" under "Calls" in WhatsApp
settings must be unchecked for this to work

Quote:

Changelog:
+added german translation (thanks @warci)
*fixed bug where module was crashing in some devices while trying to get the NotificationManager's instance

Quote:

Changelog:
*Fixed: On Custom quiet hours and/or on "Mute all" state voice messages are not played.
*Fixed: Issue with new version of WhatsApp where the "send message" sound is played as a notification

Quote:

Changelog:
+added: "Mute all" feature, it works like WhatsApp's mute group feature but for all notifications, Contacts, Groups, Broadcasts, etc.
*fixed: quiet hours doesn't work if you have set in whatsapp settings to use contact ringtone
*fixed: all notifications will sound with the "notification tone" set on whatsapp, even group or broadcast notifications
*fixed: notification sound is played for muted groups
*fixed: other notification issues
*fixed: voice messages not playing

Known issues:
*On Custom quiet hours and/or on "Mute all" state voice messages are not played]

Quote:

Changelog:
*fixed annoying bug where clicking on a notification sometimes it didn't open whatsapp
*fixed possibility of losing some notifications

Known issues:
*quiet hours doesn't work if you have set in whatsapp settings to use contact ringtone
*all notifications will sound with the "notification tone" set on whatsapp, even group or broadcast notifications
*notification sound is played for muted groups

Note:
It won't work if you have set in whatsapp settings to use contact ringtone

Quote:

Changelog:
*now fully supporting CM's built-in quiet hours
*now supporting other quiet hours apps or Xposed Modules that mute notifications
+added Spanish translation
*changed settings layout to look more like Whatsapp theme
*increased min api level, now is 14 (Android 4.0+)

Known issues:
*If you reboot your device while having a Whatsapp notification in your notification bar, that notification won't appear again in your notification bar after rebooting.
*Notifications for muted groups doesn't appear in notifications bar.
*Sometimes pressing on a notification don't take you to whatsapp.

Note:
Beware: It is possible that you lose some of Whatsapp notifications, it shouldn't happen, it never happened to me, but the possibility exist. If you encounter this issue, please report

Quote:

Changelog:
*Fixed bug: Pressing the "new chat" button in WhatsApp opens WhatsApp Quiet Hours settings.

Known issues:
???

Quote:

Known issues:
*Pressing the "new chat" button in WhatsApp opens WhatsApp Quiet Hours settings.

FAQ:
Quote:

Q: I use [CM's quiet hours or Other app for quiet hours]. How do I configure Whatsapp Quiet Hours to use [CM's quiet hours or Other app for quiet hours] settings?
A: Just check that you are NOT using "Custom Quiet Hours" in WQH settings.

Q: I don't have any Quiet Hours app. Can I still use Whatsapp Quiet Hours?
A: Yes, go to WQH settings and check the box "Use custom quiet hours", choose a time range and whether you want to mute notifications, disable vibrations and/or notification light.

Q: What would happen if I have a quiet hours app and I'm also using WQH custom quiet hours?
A: It would work kind like the logical operator OR. If any of the variables (notification sound, vibration, notification light) is disable in any of the QH systems, then it will be disable.

A OR B Result

Q: How does WQH work?
A: In WhatsApp, the notification sound is played with a MediaPlayer instead of being played with the notification API, that's why QH can't mute it. So this module work like this: when a notification comes, it save a reference of the notification in a queue and it don't let the notification to be pushed. The notification in the queue wait around two seconds for a sound, if a MediaPlayer sound is trying to be played it mute the MediaPlayer and put the sound in the queued notification, so the sound is played with the notification API instead of the MediaPlayer.

Source Code:
https://github.com/pbosio/WhatsappQuietHours

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/ar.pb...sappquiethours

Screenshots:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-19-19-21-56.png
Views:	14279
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	2696967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-19-19-22-08.png
Views:	14252
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	2696968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-19-19-23-59.png
Views:	14132
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	2696969   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	12455
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2722164   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	12316
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2722165   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	12306
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2722166  
Last edited by pbosio; 21st April 2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: new version
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to pbosio For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th April 2014, 12:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quick feedback - Had to install twice for some funny reason. Xposed must have been having a funny turn. Intergrates well with whatsapp+ and Danvdh 4.4.2 rom.
Now just to wait for somebody to whatsapp me at 1am
20th April 2014, 08:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,537

Donate to Me
More
Thanks
20th April 2014, 05:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 404

More
Does it support GravityBox's implementation of QuietHour?

Sent from my Nexus 5
20th April 2014, 06:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Spiffy app, kudos

If you're taking requests, I'd dearly love for an option to disable notifications from group chats (outside quite hours). I use a MotoX-ish active display app and it's a nuisance to see my phone wake up every time someone posts a cat pic.
20th April 2014, 08:19 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhoop

Quick feedback - Had to install twice for some funny reason. Xposed must have been having a funny turn.

That is really strange, I can't imagine why that can be happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomok

Does it support GravityBox's implementation of QuietHour?

Sent from my Nexus 5

No it doesn't, GravityBox's QuietHours aren't working for whatsapp?
If you can confirm me that, then I will give it a try, I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to add support for GravityBox's QuietHours.
20th April 2014, 09:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,663

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbosio

Introduction

This module use CyanogenMods Quiet Hours settings to enforce quiet hours to Whatsapp.
If you are on another ROM, don't worry, you can set a custom time range for quiet hours.
If you ar on CM and you want to use a custom time range for whatsapp, you can do that too.

Requirements:
Xposed Framework

Screenshots:

Source Code:
https://github.com/pbosio/WhatsappQuietHours

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/ar.pb...sappquiethours

Can we just have it to go quiet for some time, rather than a fixed time every day? Like the built in function for group chats?
20th April 2014, 09:51 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

Can we just have it to go quiet for some time, rather than a fixed time every day? Like the built in function for group chats?

Do you mean something like "Mute 8 hours","Mute 1 day" kind of thing for all whatsapp notifications?
20th April 2014, 10:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,663

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do you mean something like "Mute 8 hours","Mute 1 day" kind of thing for all whatsapp notifications?

Yep

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
21st April 2014, 08:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 404

More
Quote:

No it doesn't, GravityBox's QuietHours aren't working for whatsapp?
If you can confirm me that, then I will give it a try, I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to add support for GravityBox's QuietHours.

Just tested, no, GB's QH has no effect on whatsapp
(whatsapp not using std way to play notification sound as I read somewhere online)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread