Thanks Meter: 30

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
ANZ Mobile Pay Root Detection Bypass

Disclaimer
Code:
The author of this module as well as ANZ and
 their partners take no responsibility for any loss of data,
 monetary loss, damage to your device or any other 
consequences that arise as a result of using this program. 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
What is it?
The general purpose of this module is to allow users to bypass root detection and developer options detection for ANZ Mobile Pay (Australia), and ANZ Shield so users with rooted devices can use their phones as their wallet. It has no GUI and will not appear in the application drawer.

Does this module work for New Zealands's ANZ GoMoney and Semble Applications?
No, it does not. But I have made a separate module for you Kiwis. Click here for more information.

Developer Assistance Wanted
I am currently looking for a Australian developer who is willing to assist me and/or take over this project. As I am a kiwi, supporting a module designed for an Australian app can be difficult to develop for. So please, if you believe you have adequate skills (like having Java, Android, Xposed knowledge) and have the means to do it (time and willingness, android device, having a ANZ AU bank account and ANZ AU debit/visa card) then please contact me via PM.

Known Issues (External Factors)
  • AOSP-based and CM-based ROMs Users:
    • ANZ Mobile Pay uses the SIMalliance Open Mobile API for their host card emulation (HCE). This is not part of the Android Standard library and if you flash a AOSP-based ROM then it might not have the needed API. Similarly, this also applies CM-based ROMs BUT some CM ROMs actually do have this library like CM12 and the new CM13 nighlties and official builds have them but cannot confirm this (it varies from device to device). One easy way to check if you have the HCE, is to install NFC Check from the Play Store. When you run the application, tap "More Details..." and this should tell you if you have HCE support. I think its possible to install the API yourself via SEEK for Android, but I have never tried this. So backup your device via recovery (in case of boot-loop) and try at your own risk as its closer to touching the system files.

Known Bugs (Application Fault)
No Bugs found currently. If you experience a bug or have problem that the module is not working, please contact me and I will try and help.

Features
  • ANZ Mobile Pay
    • Bypass Root Detection - Makes sure root access or Superuser isn't detected allowing you to progress further into the application.
    • Bypass USB Debugging Detection - If USB Debugging is enabled on your device, this will allow you to still have it enabled and bypass the screen where it insists you to turn it off.
  • ANZ Shield
    • Bypass Developer Options Detection - Bypasses detection of Developer options if they are enabled allowing you to progress further into the application.

Prerequisites
  • Android 4.4 or higher
  • NFC-enabled (with HCE Support) Device
  • One of the following supported Applications installed
    • ANZ Mobile Pay Application
    • ANZ Shield Application

Instructions
  1. Download and install the module
  2. An Xposed notification should appears stating to "Activate and reboot". Click that option and wait for your device to restart. Note, if this message doesn't appear, then open the Xposed Installer application, go to the module section, activate the module and restart manually.
  3. You're Done! Open ANZ Mobile Pay to see if any root detection/ USB Debugging messages appear. If the application is working correctly, then you shouldn't get these messages.

Changelog
  • v1.2 : 20/03/2016
    • DESIGNED FOR: ANZ Mobile Pay v1.0.3-1.0.4, ANZ Shield v1.2
    • SUPPORTED ANDROID VERSIONS: 4.4-6.0.1
    • [update] Support for ANZ Mobile Pay v1.0.3 -v1.0.4 (No backwards compatibility)
  • v1.1 : 18/02/2016
    • DESIGNED FOR: ANZ Mobile Pay v1.0.2, ANZ Shield v1.2
    • [new] Added support for ANZ Shield - Avoids detection of developer options when they are enabled.
  • v1.0 : 15/02/2016
    • DESIGNED FOR: ANZ Mobile Pay v1.0.2
    • [new] Added Root and USB Debugging Detection Bypass
    • [new] Initial Release

Downloads
Xposed Repository Page (Recommended)
XDA Download Section
Source code

Thanks to..
  • rovo89 - Xposed Framework

Contact Me
I really appreciate feedback. You can make a (relevant) feature requests, notify me of a bug. I would also like to know what device you have and what features are working for you (and which ones are not). You can reply within in this thread.

License
The source code is licensed under GNU General Public License v3 (GPL v3)

If this module helped you, a donation or a simple 'Thank you' via XDA would be nice

XDA:DevDB Information
ANZ Mobile Pay Root Detection Bypass, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
PBombNZ
Source Code: https://github.com/pbombnz/ANZMobile...etectionBypass

Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2
Stable Release Date: 2016-03-20

Created 2016-03-20
Last Updated 2016-04-20
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PBombNZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PBombNZ Ad-Free

25th March 2016, 12:21 AM |#2  
Flag ballarat
Thanks Meter: 937

Donate to Me
More
Mate, you're awesome! developing for something that you don't own and can't benefit from is just amazing. props dude!
27th March 2016, 12:31 PM |#3  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Amazing work, i need the same thing for NAB ...
28th March 2016, 10:46 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Wellington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomari29

Amazing work, i need the same thing for NAB ...

Yeah, been looking into it. NAB is a little more "fiddly". I'm having difficulties with it basically.

If I enabled the NAB root bypass code; I open the NAB app, a black screen appears. Nothing will render and it WONT force close. Just black. As soon as I turn it off, it loads properly but with the root messages when you tap NAB Pay. Its like it can detect that I'm trying to bypass it. Idk, I'll keep looking into it maybe but cannot confirm a positive outcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to PBombNZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PBombNZ Ad-Free
28th March 2016, 10:48 AM |#5  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBombNZ

Yeah, been looking into it. NAB is a little more "fiddly". I'm having difficulties with it basically.

If I enabled the NAB root bypass code; I open the NAB app, a black screen appears. Nothing will render and it WONT force close. Just black. As soon as I turn it off, it loads properly but with the root messages when you tap NAB Pay. Its like it can detect that I'm trying to bypass it. Idk, I'll keep looking into it maybe but cannot confirm a positive outcome.

YES!, thats what happens with RootCloak.
just black screen, I would assume ANZ would have better security than NAB, since being a bigger bank and all, but I'm mistaken.
9th April 2016, 04:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great work, really appreciate it, please also hide for from the 3Now app that just got released, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
20th April 2016, 11:15 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Wellington

Donate to Me
More
Can anyone DM or email me the new version of ANZ Mobile Pay v1.0.4. Sooner someone send it to me, sooner I can update the module. This is going to be a regular thing each time they update. This is because ANZ Mobile Pay is region locked. You can only download the application from the Play Store if your in Australia which is not convenient for someone like me who is in NZ. So if you ever get an update for ANZ Mobile Pay, then basically send me an APK so I can get working on it. Also there is never any mirrors available that's why I have to ask you guys for it.
Last edited by PBombNZ; 20th April 2016 at 11:32 AM.
20th April 2016, 11:17 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Wellington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin20

Great work, really appreciate it, please also hide for from the 3Now app that just got released, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Hi Dude, Sorry for the late reply. I did as you request about a week ago just forgot to reply back to you.

PS: Anything about the NZ apps, go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...pass-t3270623/. Thats the NZ thread while this one is for the aussies
21st April 2016, 01:20 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Wellington

Donate to Me
More
Seems like the module is still compatible with the latest version of ANZ Mobile Pay so I wont need to update it. Thanks to the individual who sent the APK.
21st April 2016, 07:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,

If possible can you create one for NAB.
21st April 2016, 08:55 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Wellington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet

Hi,

If possible can you create one for NAB.

Yeah, I have been trying to. NAB is not as easy to manipulate as ANZ. There is code for NAB in this module, but its actually disabled because I can't get it to work properly. Additionally, I have also been busy with life stuff, so don't be expecting a new version that supports NAB any time soon but that doesn't mean I have given up.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)