FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] CustomShare

12th March 2015, 06:23 PM |#201  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,057

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastgodsupreme

Common enough where when I had my issue of not being able to set an app as default, a couple minutes into searching I found this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...g-app-t2877069

Which ended up being how I solved it. It's an unintended side effect, for sure.

The stuff I posted about the version was just that. In the update notes it wasn't clear that when Lollipop support was added, that it was still ok for KitKat users to use. That's all. The module works great aside from the above side effect. I'm not ****ting on your work here. Just giving you a heads up about maybe including a notice to users about that being a possible issue.

This is a problem of configuration...
I had added a messagebox when you select an app which is able to receive SMS. Cant do anything if it is ignored

12th April 2015, 09:14 PM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So what does this actually mean? "Warning! You disabled an app for receiving sms. ?" I read on this forum that I would stop receiving sms altogether? So say I do it on hangouts app. Would that mean I wouldn't receive a notification for any sms app? Or what about for the messages app but I use textra? Little confused on that. Also what is the yellow warning symbol - there is one next to the stock 'mail' app, but i use gmail, should i be concerned? Other apps of question with warning: Titanium backup, skype,
Last edited by Quacker245; 12th April 2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple of things
14th April 2015, 09:12 PM |#203  
Flag Bamberg
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker245

So what does this actually mean? "Warning! You disabled an app for receiving sms. ?" I read on this forum that I would stop receiving sms altogether? So say I do it on hangouts app. Would that mean I wouldn't receive a notification for any sms app? Or what about for the messages app but I use textra? Little confused on that. Also what is the yellow warning symbol - there is one next to the stock 'mail' app, but i use gmail, should i be concerned? Other apps of question with warning: Titanium backup, skype,

Some posts above might be an answer to your question
It looks like when you select an app which receives sms it cannot be chosen as the default sms app (via setting -> more) but other sms apps will still receive sms. And AFAIK sms aren't stored in sms apps anyway but somewhere independent of them in some databases I think.
The apps marked with an exclamation mark are system apps and/or sms apps.
TB can backup sms, that's why there's an ! (obviously it holds some sms related permissions) and I guess Skype verifies your phone number via sending an sms to your phone, just like WhatsApp or Telegram

Sent from my Boeffla powered Slim (4.4.4, AOSP based) GT-I9300
19th April 2015, 03:31 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Has anyone tried using this module on 5.1?
21st April 2015, 02:52 AM |#205  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Tried with 5.1 and it did not work, wouldn't boot with this module activated
22nd April 2015, 09:12 AM |#206  
OP Senior Member

More
Can someone with 5.1 get a logcat of the crash while reboot?

@w0rinal: I dont also know yet why Titanium Backup has a SMS receiver, maybe its needed to backup sms
Today, 03:05 AM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
For some reason this module causes Next Browser to crash after 3 or 4 seconds. Could you look into this?
Today, 01:00 PM |#208  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcsl

For some reason this module causes Next Browser to crash after 3 or 4 seconds. Could you look into this?

Why do you think this module causes it? Any logs? Works when this mdoule is disable in its settings?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread