FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] (Have)OwnOrientation

8th September 2014, 01:38 PM |#51  
Flag Bushbuckridge
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

^^ I compiled latest version and attached without debug, only minor changes, not enough for an update I think. From my log: logging intendation, handling of packagenames with whitespaces, some more default apps (only if the file does not exist & is created by the app). Maybe I fixed something but did forget to write it down?

Bro, it does not work again with that new version. I have then concluded that it will never work on my device, so i removed it, and found an app called Rotation which works well. So sorry for all the trouble I'll now use that app only. Anyway thanks for all the hard work you put in this module.

Cheers

12th September 2014, 03:00 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,081

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhulile

Bro, it does not work again with that new version. I have then concluded that it will never work on my device, so i removed it, and found an app called Rotation which works well. So sorry for all the trouble I'll now use that app only. Anyway thanks for all the hard work you put in this module.

Cheers

Version updated, there where some apps which did not work (like Instagram)
The Following User Says Thank You to defim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2014, 09:09 PM |#53  
Flag Bushbuckridge

More
@defim thanks man the latest update works perfectly
13th September 2014, 08:09 AM |#54  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhulile

@defim thanks man the latest update works perfectly

In 1.1 was a little brain bug - apps could set desired orientation as a default in manifest or dynamically by code at runtime - and only the 1st was changed in 1.1. That worked with the apps I used, but not instagram...
13th September 2014, 10:26 AM |#55  
Flag Bushbuckridge

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

In 1.1 was a little brain bug - apps could set desired orientation as a default in manifest or dynamically by code at runtime - and only the 1st was changed in 1.1. That worked with the apps I used, but not instagram...

Oh okay thanks a lot man
21st February 2015, 11:27 AM |#56  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Version 1.3, broke compatibility with KitKat, reverted to 1.2, says it requires xposed api above 60
21st February 2015, 07:40 PM |#57  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thdervenis

Version 1.3, broke compatibility with KitKat, reverted to 1.2, says it requires xposed api above 60

For you the changelog...

Quote:

Initial Lollipop support
- Enforcing & Permissive supported
- Requires Xposed 3.0 alpha1

-> its compatible with KK but not with your old Xposed
Last edited by defim; 21st February 2015 at 07:51 PM.
14th April 2015, 09:03 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I currently use 'rotation_forcer' to keep everything in landscape mode and it works with everything except system app remover so I was excited to see yours mention that app specifically. However, disabling my existing app and installing yours now has the effect of no app staying in landscape mode.The text file your app makes, am I supposed to put the # in front to stop them rotating? Because if so, it doesn't seem to have any effect.
This is on my Lenovo running stock 4.2.2. On my HP Slate 21 Pro running stock 4.3 it does work though Apart from the different JB version, the Lenovo is running Google Now Launcher but the HP is running the stock launcher, could this be the reason?

Many thanks
Adrian
22nd April 2015, 09:24 AM |#59  
OP Senior Member

More
@adrian.aitken: This module does not allow the apps to change the orientation. Eg if you have a tablet which is native in landscape mode, some apps force portrait.
You want to change some device like Nexus 7 which is default portrait to landscape? This could be archived by the 2 sql statments i found here: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...roid-specified
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread