Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [XPOSED] Snapchat Full Text in Caption

Tip us?

Kodalades
Old
(Last edited by Kodalades; 21st June 2014 at 02:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Okay, I have a possible bug as well as a suggestion for an update.

Since installing this module, anytime I type a caption and want to go back whether to correct a typo or add something, instead of just placing the cursor where I press like normal, it automatically selects the nearest word and brings up the replace button, which is really annoying and prevents me from going back and doing what I want and should be able to do. Is this a bug and can it be fixed in an update? Also, as pointed out, the red lines for typos bugs me as well.

And the suggestion. Could it be done so that as well as unlimited caption typing, multiple caption boxes can be used? For example, taking a picture of a face, and selecting empty space above the face and typing out whatever, then selecting empty space below the face and starting a new caption box? I suggest this merely because if you try to space it out as such, you won't be able to close out of the caption box and send the Snap, mainly due to the bug (?) above.

DjentleDjiant
Old
(Last edited by DjentleDjiant; 21st June 2014 at 10:10 AM.) Reason: Found suspected cause of issue.
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazdaa View Post
I've downloaded this mod a while ago and ever since some of my snaps have appeared as videos which can not be opened. Couldn't get the mod to work either. Not sure why.

Has anyone else noticed the thing about snaps converting into videos that can not be played?
I have this issue as well. Sometimes my picture snaps send as videos in which the recipient can't open and can only delete if they clear my conversation.

Going to try temporarily disabling this module to see if it's the cause.

EDIT:

Did a little bit of searching and found out it was Snapshare causing this issue. With Snapshare installed, I'd find every time I were to draw on my Snap, it would send as an un-openable video. Though, with it disabled, this module works fine so far.

Check out this link as others reported the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...2577379/page37
The Following User Says Thank You to DjentleDjiant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lazdaa
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjentleDjiant View Post
I have this issue as well. Sometimes my picture snaps send as videos in which the recipient can't open and can only delete if they clear my conversation.

Going to try temporarily disabling this module to see if it's the cause.

EDIT:

Did a little bit of searching and found out it was Snapshare causing this issue. With Snapshare installed, I'd find every time I were to draw on my Snap, it would send as an un-openable video. Though, with it disabled, this module works fine so far.

Check out this link as others reported the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...2577379/page37
Thanks! Disabled it for now until they resolve this issue! Wasn't really using it anyways

Anyways... The module seems to be working brilliantly! Very appreciated!

Phone | HTC One
ROM | ViperOne 4.2.0 | Android 4.4 | Sense 5.5
Kernel | ElementalX 10.10.1

fysix
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm also experiencing a few bugs with this module:

1) Tapping to place the cursor selects the entire word, making it impossible to correct typos without overwriting at least one entire word.

2) Tapping to place the cursor when there is more than one line immediately jumps to the lowest line.

3) Misspelled words are underlined red, which is unexpected because the red underlining is visible on the sent snap. It should either be completely removed or become invisible once text input is no longer enabled.

4) Pressing the enter key both closes the keyboard and inserts a newline. Only one of the two should happen.

If the OP won't take on these bugs, is there anyone else who would be willing to continue work on it?
The Following User Says Thank You to fysix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elesbb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysix View Post
I'm also experiencing a few bugs with this module:

1) Tapping to place the cursor selects the entire word, making it impossible to correct typos without overwriting at least one entire word.
This does not happen on ALL the devices i have tested this on, therefore it is more then likely a feature/annoyance with your ROM/Keyboard/Other modules its impossible to figure out what is happening when it only happens to you. 99 percent of these sort of "bugs" is user related (no offence to you)

Quote:
2) Tapping to place the cursor when there is more than one line immediately jumps to the lowest line.
Again, this does not happen on ALL of the devices i have tested it on trying to re-create the scenario. So its something on your end and not module related.

Quote:
3) Misspelled words are underlined red, which is unexpected because the red underlining is visible on the sent snap. It should either be completely removed or become invisible once text input is no longer enabled.
So far from my findings, this is a Google spell check feature, disable that and it will stop underlining your words in red. As far as removing it or making it invisible, that's impossible because Snapchat converts the contents of the entry field into "paint" so it can add it to the picture. It essentially takes a picture of the text and pastes it to the image.

Quote:
4) Pressing the enter key both closes the keyboard and inserts a newline. Only one of the two should happen.
I haven't had time to fix this, it happens for me too. I simply tap outside the entry box to finish inputting text. I can and will fix it when i get the time.

Quote:
If the OP won't take on these bugs, is there anyone else who would be willing to continue work on it?
I have a life. Give me time to do things and they will be accomplished. I have been working on other apps/projects that were more important to me and had a higher priority. This is my summer off from school, sadly i still have to work, but when i'm not working i would like to enjoy my summer Not to mention you are getting this for free

Thanks for understanding!
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abelezra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone could create a flashable zip of the app. I don't use Xposed and I don't plan on using it until they support ART on the Nexus 5. Dalvik is very slow and laggy and I can't use ART because every time I install Xposed it switches it to Dalvik. Please, it would be help very much

fysix
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelezra View Post
Hello there, I was wondering if anyone could create a flashable zip of the app. I don't use Xposed and I don't plan on using it until they support ART on the Nexus 5. Dalvik is very slow and laggy and I can't use ART because every time I install Xposed it switches it to Dalvik. Please, it would be help very much
Even if there were a flashable zip of this, you would encounter the same issue because it requires xposed...

elesbb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelezra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysix View Post
Even if there were a flashable zip of this, you would encounter the same issue because it requires xposed...
They are asking for a patched version of snapchat with this mod built in.

But dalvik is not "very slow and laggy". It's been used for years. I prolly won't be using art until rovo gets xposed working which only time will solve

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

GrumpyHippo
Old
(Last edited by GrumpyHippo; 14th July 2014 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I cannot get a second line to come up. I get a done button instead of enter, and if i keep typing it just runs on and cuts off the text on the left.

Can anyone help me figure out why i'm having this issue? Running on GS3

edit: i had to update my xposed installer and that fixed the issue. I'd suggest adding a version checker to the app if thats possible.

pham818
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Great app!! Ty
Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Asus Nexus 7 32GB (2013) - scrosler's CleanROM

Past
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB - Given Away
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB - SOLD

Free 500 MB of storage on Dropbox: http://db.tt/d6SOJt2W

Please press thanks if I helped in any way!