FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Xposed][1.6.5]Snapprefs - The ultimate Snapchat-utility [9.21.1.0] [JB-M]

1,169 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,960

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from MaaarZ: If you cannot log into Snapchat or need to downgrade, follow the applying guide from the 2nd post. *CLICK HERE
24th January 2016, 11:01 PM |#9741  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzaffarkhan95

i uninstalled xposed framework, installed downgraded SC, and then not able to log in :/

Same problem here, it used to be working but not anymore

24th January 2016, 11:07 PM |#9742  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
An update on the previously revealed, currently hidden Audio / Video Call feature:

Looking further into it's implementation it revealed a whole new Chat interface, called ChatV2. Fortunately, we were able to make it visible and get it working for some minutes, also took some screenshots of the UI (*read the end of the post if you want to publish about these finding)
While experimenting with it, we noticed how the chat-presence alert has been changed from showing a blue botton to showing a smiley face, which turns into a blue dot. Also, when someone is listening to you a blue text comes up saying that "XYZ is listening/watching".
Last, but not least, we discovered that they are adding Stickers to the chats (the button on the right), however, it was only visible on a device running Marshmallow, using Kitkat, the screen was completly blank (we haven't tested it on Lollipop).

* YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUBLISH THESE FINDINGS AS LONG AS YOU OBEY TO THESE TERMS:
- YOU MUST CREDIT Snapprefs, Mészáros Marcell, Piotr Brzozowski, Jani Andsten
- IMAGES MUST BE PUBLISHED UNEDITED
- YOU MUST LINK THIS POST AS THE SOURCE OF INFORMATION

Images showing the new UI, Audio/Video Call accepting/declining/, Stickers. The images and above mentioned features are all the property of Snapchat Inc. Snapprefs is in no way affiliated with Snapchat Inc.

IMAGES INSIDE

Last edited by MaaarZ; 25th January 2016 at 04:41 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MaaarZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaaarZ Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 11:28 PM |#9743  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaaarZ

An update on the previously revealed, currently hidden Audio / Video Call feature:

Looking further into it's implementation it revealed a whole new Chat interface, called ChatV2. Fortunately, we were able to make it visible and get it working for some minutes, also took some screenshots of the UI (*read the end of the post if you want to publish about these finding)
While experimenting with it, we noticed how the chat-presence alert has been changed from showing a blue botton to showing a smiley face, which turns into a blue dot. Also, when someone is listening to you a blue text comes up saying that "XYZ is listening/watching".
Last, but not least, we discovered that they are adding Stickers to the chats (the button on the right), however, it was only visible on a device running Marshmallow, using Kitkat, the screen was completly blank (we haven't tested it on Lollipop).

* YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUBLISH THESE FINDINGS AS LONG AS YOU OBEY TO THESE TERMS:

Images showing the new UI, Audio/Video Call accepting/declining/, Stickers. The images and above mentioned features are all the property of Snapchat Inc. Snapprefs is in no way affiliated with Snapchat Inc.

IMAGES INSIDE

This is going to bring unwanted attention from Snapchat ..Looking at Snapprefs.

You are showing the world their new update before they have a chance to unveil, they won't like that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f0xy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift f0xy Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 11:30 PM |#9744  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0xy

You are showing the world their new update before they have a chance to unveil, they won't like that.

http://www.androidpolice.com/topics/.../apk-teardown/
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/0...tm_source=t.co
Last edited by MaaarZ; 24th January 2016 at 11:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaaarZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaaarZ Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 11:35 PM |#9745  
Thanks Meter: 2,772

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

All what was shown on the post you quoted, was taken directly from official snapchat 9.21.1.0 (not even the latest snapchat version). It was hidden, we revealed it. The code has been there, available to view since December. As long as snapchat adds experimental code to official snapchat versions (even when the said feature is not available to use publicly), someone can access and reveal it. It's not like we hacked into their systems and extracted the code from there.

If someone gets free publicity (and hype) out of this, it's snapchat itself. We revealed something they have been hiding in front of every dev's eyes.

That being said, snapprefs won't bring the feature for everyone to use, we just brought it to people's attention. Snapchat will release it when it's complete.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Mr.Yawnie; 24th January 2016 at 11:39 PM.
25th January 2016, 12:01 AM |#9746  
Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 16,827

More
Quote:

We do this all the time. Not like anyone really cares what they are happy about or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 09:20 AM |#9747  
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaaarZ

IMAGES INSIDE

Pictures don't seem to work.
25th January 2016, 09:25 AM |#9748  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Would be nice to see some bug fixes rather than more features further breaking the coiding

I don't mean that in a negative way but I'd much rather a stable build with less bugs than having a load of features I'll never use adding and making things less stable
25th January 2016, 09:28 AM |#9749  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosswaa

Would be nice to see some bug fixes rather than more features further breaking the coiding

I don't mean that in a negative way but I'd much rather a stable build with less bugs than having a load of features I'll never use adding and making things less stable

You clearly haven't followed this thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Yawnie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Yawnie Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 09:33 AM |#9750  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Yawnie

You clearly haven't followed this thread.

I have a catchup every now and then. Pretty sure I've not missed much
25th January 2016, 09:35 AM |#9751  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosswaa

I have a catchup every now and then. Pretty sure I've not missed much

Okay. So next update will be the biggest update that Snapprefs has ever gotten (or close to that). It will fix image sharing back to more streamlined way. It will also fix multiple saving when using auto save on stories. And it will implement other bug fixes as well as new features.

Release date is still unknown as MaaarZ is in the middle of heavy exam period now. After that's done, expect more news on the next update.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Yawnie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Yawnie Ad-Free

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
save, share, snapchat, snapprefs, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread