Q: Why this application requires an update for each official YouTube App update.
A: Because the YouTube application sources are proguarded, which means the generated classes names (by Proguard) are changing for each release, this should happen only if a clean proguard (producing a new classes map) is done, that's why we need to update the classes names on YouTube AdAway each time.
- Remove YouTube Ads
- Remove Channel Logo
- Remove videos suggestions
- Remove Information card teasers
- Make sure Xposed framework is installed, YouTube AdAway module enabled, Resources hooks are enabled on Xposed Installer
- What's your YouTube and Xposed framework version (saying the latest one does NOT help)
- Upload your Xposed logs (you can get them from the Xposed installer)
- Xposed Framework (version 2.3+ , API 54+)
- Root required for Xposed framework installation, you can remove it afterward.
How to Install:
Video by @Teotsi:
- Install Xposed Installer App
- Install Xposed framework through Xposed Installer
- Install YouTube AdAway App (attached)
- Open Xposed Installer App and enable my App on the modules list
- Reboot is a MUST after updating YouTube App or my App.
- This application is NOT a modified YouTube App, you can still update your YouTube update with no issues
August 03, 2015:
- YouTube TV support
- Minor bug fixe
April 15, 2015:
- Few more checks to support some new YT changes
- YouTube Kids support
March 24, 2015:
- YouTube 10.11.55 Support
- Brute force implementation instead of static hooks, this should support all older and upcoming (i hope so) YT versions.
Translate to your language.
Thanks: to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty their work on Xposed framework.