Q: Why this application requires an update for each official YouTube App update.
A: Because the YouTube application sources are proguarded, which means the generated classes names (by Proguard) are changing for each release, this should happen only if a clean proguard (producing a new classes map) is done, that's why we need to update the classes names on YouTube AdAway each time.
- Remove YouTube Ads
- Remove Channel Logo
- Remove videos suggestions
- Remove Information card teasers
- Make sure Xposed framework is installed, YouTube AdAway module enabled, Resources hooks are enabled on Xposed Installer
- What's your YouTube and Xposed framework version (saying the latest one does NOT help)
- Upload your Xposed logs (you can get them from the Xposed installer)
- Xposed Framework (version 2.3+ , API 54+)
- Root required for Xposed framework installation, you can remove it afterward.
How to Install:
Video by @Teotsi:
- Install Xposed Installer App
- Install Xposed framework through Xposed Installer
- Install YouTube AdAway App (attached)
- Open Xposed Installer App and enable my App on the modules list
- Reboot is a MUST after updating YouTube App or my App.
- This application is NOT a modified YouTube App, you can still update your YouTube update with no issues
- YouTube 10.05.6 support
- YouTube 6.0.11 support
- Use backported fragment support for Android GB (Thanks to kolavar)
- Added many translations (Thanks to all translators: http://transcommu.yasesprox.com/tran...tions/View/252 )
- Update support to 5.17.6
- Vietnamese translation (Thanks to Thanhtai2009)
Big thanks to @Alexey71 for posting the latest YT updates.
- YouTube 5.16.3 support
- Greek translation (Thanks to Vagelis1608)
- YouTube 5.14.5 support
- Romanian translation (Thanks to @nilac8991)
- YouTube 5.13.3 support
- German translation (Thanks to @DeathHammer)
- YouTube 5.11.4 support
- Updated french translation (Thanks to @Micks29)
- Update support to YouTube 126.96.36.199
- Bug fix for old YouTube versions support.
- Updated support to YouTube 188.8.131.52.
- Hide the Promoted Ad on "What to watch"
- Minor improvements
- Support YouTube 184.108.40.206+
- Add possibility to open the App from modules list when it's hidden (this feature "may" require a re-installation of the application)
- Support the upcoming YouTube update (5.7.36)
- Better ad blocking support for older YouTube versions (Tested with YouTube 5.3.28)
- Remove all remaining proguarded hooks, this will reduce the possibility of incompatibilities with upcoming YouTube updates
- Added some non Proguarded hooks for better compatibility with upcoming YouTube updates
- Merged Channel features, better and generic support to prevent YouTube layouts changes
- Some stability improvements (hide layouts instead of changing their parents)
- Better support for YouTube 5.6.31/32 (removed more layers)
- Support YouTube 5.6.31
- Add an option to hide "Information Card teasers"
- Minor fixes
- Update hooked methods signatures to support YouTube latest update (5.5.27)
- Sanitize Brands Layouts managements to avoid any YouTube FC on the future.
- Remove the countries restrictions hooks (Not working because the restriction is done on the server side)
- Split branding layer feature to 2 parts : Hide Logo, Hide videos suggestions
1.4 (12/12/2013): (This update requires Android 3.0+ because i switched to the Preference fragments)
- Hide Channel logo
- Hide Videos suggestions
- Reviewed hooks and removed useless ones
- Remove Branding layers
- Disable Countries restrictions
- Videos flagged as NOT monetized to avoid any ads popups
- Added a menu option to hide the Application from the App drawer (you may need to reboot your device on some Android versions to apply the changes, not required on Kitkat).
- Added some checks for Xposed Installer and Xposed framework installation to help new users
- Added 2 translations (Arabic and French)
- Removed the useless preference choice (the module can be enabled/disabled through Xposed Installer)
- Set minimum Xposed framework API level to 31 (when the framework and its config were moved out of /data/xposed)
- Initial release
Translate to your language.
Thanks: to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty their work on Xposed framework.