Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0.3+][XPOSED] UnbelovedHosts

Tip us?

Pumå
Old
Thanks Meter 20
So I longpress to the source, and download the host files. After download it shows me the amount of hosts and some MBs of data. The module is activated and I've done reboots. But it seems there are no changes. Hostfile still at 127 localhost, with no other content. Ads dont disappear

Can someone provide a solution?

defim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumå View Post
So I longpress to the source, and download the host files. After download it shows me the amount of hosts and some MBs of data. The module is activated and I've done reboots. But it seems there are no changes. Hostfile still at 127 localhost, with no other content. Ads dont disappear

Can someone provide a solution?
There is no problem to have a solution for
The hosts are managed by the module, it does not alter the /etc/hosts! If an app asks the JavaVM for the name resolution, to module gets it and in case the name is in the downloaded lists, it answers with "not found" (or what you configured in the settings)
Motorola Defy+ aka MB526 Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen Mod
Samsung S4a aka GT-i9295 Android 4.2.2 Google Edition
My Android apps / Xposed modules: show Threads
The Following User Says Thank You to defim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pumå
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim View Post
There is no problem to have a solution for
The hosts are managed by the module, it does not alter the /etc/hosts! If an app asks the JavaVM for the name resolution, to module gets it and in case the name is in the downloaded lists, it answers with "not found" (or what you configured in the settings)
Got it to work now. I just cleared everything, and loaded again, reboot