[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] UnbelovedHosts

OP defim

22nd October 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #261  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5,579

2,190 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am facing a bootloop issue since V2.5 on Note 1 running AOKP 4.4.4 and Note 3 TW KK 4.4.2, I thought it's of the ROM I am on and didn't realize it's from this app and had to re-flash my ROM and then today I installed this module 2.5.1 and same thing happened to me though I used xposed disabler and figure out it's from this module. Though 2.1.1 used to work like a charm. Would appreciate if you look at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to kmokhtar79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #262  
Thanks Meter: 73

154 posts
More
Jupp, I can confirm that boot loop behavior starting with 2.5 or higher. It seems it's a major problem, all my tested roms (aokp or cm based) facing it. I will provide a logcat as soon as I have more time. As kmokhtar79 wrote v2.1.1 still works fine.
23rd October 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #263  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 875

1,668 posts
@kmokhtar79 @CHEF-KOCH @FullWipe: No problem with Defy + KitKat + CM here. Please enable both logging options and attach log here
23rd October 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #264  
Thanks Meter: 401

751 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

@kmokhtar79 @CHEF-KOCH @FullWipe: No problem with Defy + KitKat + CM here. Please enable both logging options and attach log here

Same here, no problem on my Galaxy S2 with CM11
Yesterday, 01:47 AM   |  #265  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 237

798 posts
Experiencing bootloop also with latest n previous versions, the version before the previous works...
Yesterday, 05:22 PM   |  #266  

154 posts
More
There is also a strange behavior, that maybe should be changed.
If you not enabled the xposed module and open the app you can:
+ still download hosts even it never could be applied or there is no hosts file in /system/etc already
+ if timer was enabled it want to update your hosts
I think there should be additional checks to not get the user in the app without enable the xposed stuff first. And another check if you forgot to enable the dl wifi only option that it does not use the trigger if xposed was not enabled, to prevent mobile data traffic (because it anyway could not apply them).

About bootloop, yes as I said I'm not home/have not much time. If I can grab a laptop here with adb I could attach something to solve the puzzle, sr.
Thanks again for this great work and support!
Yesterday, 05:57 PM   |  #267  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 210

890 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze702k

Experiencing bootloop also with latest n previous versions, the version before the previous works...

Can you give the exact version you use now with numbers, the exact version you were using before with numbers and the download source of the package for the current version ?
Are you using a system supported by XPosed ?
Are you able to catch the logcat ? If yes please share it.
Are you using other modules ? If yes, did you check if enabling this module alone without others modules solve the problem ? (To pinpoint conflicts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF-KOCH

There is also a strange behavior, that maybe should be changed.
If you not enabled the xposed module and open the app you can:
+ still download hosts even it never could be applied or there is no hosts file in /system/etc already
+ if timer was enabled it want to update your hosts
I think there should be additional checks to not get the user in the app without enable the xposed stuff first. And another check if you forgot to enable the dl wifi only option that it does not use the trigger if xposed was not enabled, to prevent mobile data traffic (because it anyway could not apply them).

About bootloop, yes as I said I'm not home/have not much time. If I can grab a laptop here with adb I could attach something to solve the puzzle, sr.
Thanks again for this great work and support!

If you don't use the module, why not uninstalling or freezing it ? Even if it check before downloading, it will still wake up and consume battery.
Yesterday, 06:05 PM   |  #268  

154 posts
More
Sure, that's true but imho the best would be to solve that with the app itself so that the user not needs to do additional steps, because for some users xposed not enabled means the app(s) are not running in the background (may also safe some battery life). 😉
Yesterday, 06:15 PM   |  #269  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 237

798 posts
2.1.1 worked
2.5.0 bootloop
2.5.1 bootloop

Yes using other modules...

As you can see I have many, they all work fine, I've downloaded this module from Xposed installer download section

I'm not able to get logcat because when I install the module it needs to be activated by a reboot but after that reboot my device doesn't boot..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1414170763079.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (68.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1414170778240.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (61.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 1414170791591.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (65.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 1414170804210.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (69.7 KB, 21 views)
Yesterday, 07:28 PM   |  #270  

154 posts
More
To many modules also can end up with a boot loop and slow down your device and may drain your battery, just saying. 😉

About the loop, you need adb installed on your pc than plug your usb cable in, enable the modul and reboot your device, open cmd and grep the log. Here on xda is a slim adb installer with a guide to fetch the logs. But if it's to complicatef wait until I'm home again and I will make it. But it would be nice if someone already do it in the meantime to get faster a working version.

Edit:
Adb Toolkit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

And the guide and detailed explantation:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2141817
Last edited by CHEF-KOCH; Yesterday at 07:40 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread