[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] UnbelovedHosts

OP defim

29th November 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #301  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 933

1,797 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madLyfe

whats the best way to go back to stock host file? does this need to be done if im going to disable it via xposed?

I'm not sure what you want to know exactly..
a) This module does not change system files like /etc/hosts, all is done in memory "on the fly". If you dont want to use this module you could: disable it in its settings OR disable it in xposed+reboot OR deinstall it+reboot
b) Most /etc/hosts file contain only 1 line
Code:
127.0.0.1                localhost
To restore this use the app which altered it or some root-enabled file editor (you have to mont /system "rw" before that)
The Following User Says Thank You to defim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #302  
Flag Altenburg, Thuringia, Germany
Thanks Meter: 67

462 posts
will there be issues by using adaway and this at the same time? I get some adds in apps that adaway don#t block and I wanna give this module a try, maybe it can handle these adds.

best regards
9th December 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #303  
OP Senior Member

1,797 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highKo

will there be issues by using adaway and this at the same time? I get some adds in apps that adaway don#t block and I wanna give this module a try, maybe it can handle these adds.

best regards

Should be no problem to use both. Adaway etc are at linux level by editing hosts file, UnbelovedHosts hooks with Xposed the name resolution methods of Android
9th December 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #304  

462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

Should be no problem to use both. Adaway etc are at linux level by editing hosts file, UnbelovedHosts hooks with Xposed the name resolution methods of Android

Thanks for the info. Are you using the app "fotmob" or can take a look in it? Is there a way a to block the ads on the bottom?
9th December 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #305  
OP Senior Member

1,797 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the info. Are you using the app "fotmob" or can take a look in it? Is there a way a to block the ads on the bottom?

If logging is enabled, can you see hostsnames requested by fotmob? Or maybe the adds are not downloaded but in the app embedded itself
10th December 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #306  

462 posts
Quote:

If logging is enabled, can you see hostsnames requested by fotmob? Or maybe the adds are not downloaded but in the app embedded itself

logging is available in donate version, isn't it? I will give it a try
10th December 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #307  

462 posts
okay, I donated , logged and blocked!
Great module! Thanks!

edit: unfortunately it seems that blacklisting graph.facebook.com blocks the add, which is needed by the facebook app :-/
Last edited by highKo; 11th December 2014 at 07:11 AM.
12th December 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #308  
OP Senior Member

1,797 posts
@highKo: Yes, it's possible that adds and required pictures are hosted on the same website (hostname). This is worst case...
Btw, I've a question: Did you notice that wiht the "collection" feature enabled, you could quickly add hosts names to white/black list?
12th December 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #309  

462 posts
Quote:

@highKo: Yes, it's possible that adds and required pictures are hosted on the same website (hostname). This is worst case...
Btw, I've a question: Did you notice that wiht the "collection" feature enabled, you could quickly add hosts names to white/black list?

didn't see the collection feature but I will take a look. Is is enabled even without logging?
12th December 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #310  
OP Senior Member

1,797 posts
Quote:

didn't see the collection feature but I will take a look. Is is enabled even without logging?

Okay, thanks. It's's to hidden in the settings...

The "collection" option collects all requested host names in the ram and their count of requests. It is not written to storage, so it should have less impact so speed than logging. The collection list could be sorted a little and you could see on which list the host name is, red for blocked green for not blocked etc. By a touch an a host name you could add it to black/white list quicky and some more long-touch options.
Now I need an idea how it could be better visible

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread