30th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #21  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 118

290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

@thuddome, I've uploaded a version 1.0.debug of the module to the xposed repo. It's flagged as "Experimental" (because it can spam the xposed log.) To get it, go into the xposed installer, tap on "download", find "BTSMSMapFix" and tap it...swipe from right to left a couple times until you see the "settings" page, and change that to "experimental".

You should then be able to download the updated 1.0.debug version. After ensuring that it's selected, reboot so it takes effect, and then try again with your head unit.

Here are some key things to look for in the xposed log:

BTSmsMapFix successfully hooked setVCardFromPhoneNumber -- this means that the hook took place. If you don't see this line, it means that Samsung renamed the package from the standard "com.android.bluetooth" (which wouldn't surprise me.)

BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXX -- You should see this after getting an incoming SMS message while your phone is connected to your head unit. "XXXXX" should be replaced with a phone number that starts "+1" (Assuming your in the US), and then 10 more digits. (If you post your log, please leave the +1 in there, but remove the rest of the phone number.)

BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to (true|false) -- You might see these, but hopefully not when you get a new incoming SMS.

Take care
Gary

No +1s on anything. I had a bunch of texts, I deleted all but a few for this. None had a +1 and still getting "no number available".

-----------------
May 29, 2014 11:11:46 PM UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'KOT49H.G900VOYU1ANCG' with fingerprint 'Verizon/kltevzw/kltevzw:4.4.2/KOT49H/G900VOYU1ANCG:user/release-keys'
Loading modules from /data/app/com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol-1.apk
Loading class com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol.LedControlMod
Loading modules from /data/app/org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix-3.apk
Loading class org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix.BTSmsMapFix

Loading modules from /data/app/com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermiss ion-1.apk
Loading class com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermiss ion.HookGetStatisticsMethodCall
Loading modules from /data/app/com.botsone.higoogle-1.apk
Loading class com.botsone.higoogle.HiGoogle
Loading modules from /data/app/com.oasisfeng.greenify-2.apk
Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.FrameworkPatch
Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.SettingsPatch
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway-2.apk
Loading class ma.wanam.youtubeadaway.Xposed
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.xposed-7.apk
Loading class ma.wanam.xposed.Xposed
Loading modules from /data/app/com.hunterx.pandorapatcher-1.apk
Loading class com.hunterx.pandorapatcher.Patches
Loading modules from /data/app/uk.co.villainrom.pulser.allowlongsms-1.apk
Loading class uk.co.villainrom.pulser.allowlongsms.AllowLongSMS
BTSmsMapFix successfully hooked setVCardFromPhoneNumber
Loaded app: com.vlingo.midas
BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXXXXXXX
BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to false (I used voice dial to call myself by name out of the 430 phone book which worked)
BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to false
BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXXXXXXX

I do have SQLite editor if you need me to dump something for ya.
Last edited by thuddome; 30th May 2014 at 05:11 AM.
30th May 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,177

2,088 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

No +1s on anything.

Damn. Okay, I'll see what I can do again tonight. Assuming a phone number of "(123) 456-7890", how is that phone number showing up in that xposed log when you get a message? (What I'm trying to find out is if the number is just a string of 10 numbers, or if there is ANYTHING else in the string.)

I might throw together a quick test that just prepends a hard coded "+1" to the number to see if that works (as I'm guessing that you aren't getting any SMS messages from outside the USA.) If it does, I can dig deeper for a more proper solution...

Take care
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #23  
Flag Denver

290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Damn. Okay, I'll see what I can do again tonight. Assuming a phone number of "(123) 456-7890", how is that phone number showing up in that xposed log when you get a message? (What I'm trying to find out is if the number is just a string of 10 numbers, or if there is ANYTHING else in the string.)

I might throw together a quick test that just prepends a hard coded "+1" to the number to see if that works (as I'm guessing that you aren't getting any SMS messages from outside the USA.) If it does, I can dig deeper for a more proper solution...

Take care
Gary

It's just straight numbers "BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to 3031234567" (This is exactly how it shows up)

I'm in Denver, area code is 303

I do get some SMS from overseas but don't worry about them. They are rare, maybe once a month. Not sure if it matters but I'm using Verizon's Messaging+ app right now, it's their customized version of the kitkat messaging.
Last edited by thuddome; 30th May 2014 at 04:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thuddome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #24  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

2,088 posts
Quote:

... using Verizon's...

I must have missed that before.. you're on CDMA/Verizon. That explains a bit. GSM-based carriers tend to use a specific standard. CDMA based carriers may... or may not.

I hope your patient, as getting this to work for you might take quite a bit of trial and error...
30th May 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #25  
Flag Denver

290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I must have missed that before.. you're on CDMA/Verizon. That explains a bit. GSM-based carriers tend to use a specific standard. CDMA based carriers may... or may not.

I hope your patient, as getting this to work for you might take quite a bit of trial and error...

Like I said, it's never worked so what's another month or two... anything is better than now...
31st May 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #26  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

2,088 posts
Quote:

... anything is better than now...

PM sent with a link...
31st May 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

2,088 posts
xposed repo updated with version 1.1: adds support for CDMA devices.. tested on verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. Also corrects recipient vcards to use proper E164 phone numbers (instead of whatever slop might be in a user's contact list.)

Thanks to @thuddome for testing the changes. It's currently listed as a "beta" release type. As soon as someone tells me that I didn't break it between thuddome's last test and the cleanup I did afterwards, I'll change that to be a normal (stable) version.

Take care
Gary
31st May 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #28  
Flag Denver

290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

xposed repo updated with version 1.1: adds support for CDMA devices.. tested on verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. Also corrects recipient vcards to use proper E164 phone numbers (instead of whatever slop might be in a user's contact list.)

Thanks to @thuddome for testing the changes. It's currently listed as a "beta" release type. As soon as someone tells me that I didn't break it between thuddome's last test and the cleanup I did afterwards, I'll change that to be a normal (stable) version.

Take care
Gary

I just tested 1.1, worked great! Verizon SGS5 with Jeep 430N RHB, text messages now announce sender's name instead of "no number available".

Great work man, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to thuddome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #29  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 22

107 posts
More
Man, I WISH my car would read text messages. I have a 2014 dodge dart with the uconnect 8.4 head unit and Samsung galaxy s5. I connect to Bluetooth fine, it shows who's called and I can load my phonebook, but whenever I try to select "messaging," it just says that my phone is incompatible.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
16th October 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

2,088 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillainDivine

Man, I WISH my car would read text messages. I have a 2014 dodge dart with the uconnect 8.4 head unit and Samsung galaxy s5. I connect to Bluetooth fine, it shows who's called and I can load my phonebook, but whenever I try to select "messaging," it just says that my phone is incompatible.

Yeah... I tried to figure out what was going on with the Dart, but the guy closed his garage door and just kept saying "don't touch my dart!"... Whatever...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread