Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from v0rt3x: Fix Google Play Store 4.9.13 crash on LG Optimus when tapping on the "hamburger" button at top left corner.

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1.2+] LG Optimus Jelly Bean Play Store Fix [v1.0]

Tip us?

billp000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks!!!

This issue has perplexed me for quite some time. Nice work! It also seemed to have fixed another issue with Chrome. For some reason, Chrome would not even open up www.google.com. Now it does! Small token of thanks sent to Paypal...

Using LG Optimus G E970

toddjunk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you as well, worked for me on an Optimus G. Glad to have this resolved.

v0rt3x
Old
(Last edited by v0rt3x; 14th September 2014 at 07:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by billp000 View Post

This issue has perplexed me for quite some time. Nice work! It also seemed to have fixed another issue with Chrome. For some reason, Chrome would not even open up www.google.com. Now it does! Small token of thanks sent to Paypal...

Using LG Optimus G E970
Thanks for your feedback and donation, it's always appreciated
I've checked the issue you've described with Chrome and Google main page and I haven't observed any problem after I've disabled the module...
In principle the module action is limited to Google Play Store and must not have any good or bad side effect on any other apps.

v0rt3x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer456 View Post
What I should do when a new version of a play store will released?
After Google Play Store has been updated to a newer version on your phone, do the following:

1. Verify that it works without problem while the module is still enabled.
If there is any issue, try to see if there is any error using logcat as in the OP.

2. Disable the module and restart your phone, then verify the Play Store works without any problem.

2.a. If there is no problem then great You don't need the module anymore and you can uninstall it!

2.b. If there was no problem while the module was activated but now there is i.e. Play Store crash, then that means you still need the module activated and that it is compatible with the latest release of the Play Store... And you may yell at Google for their poor Q.A. or LG for their lack of support [emoji6]

2.c. If there was a problem with the new version of the Play Store while the module was activated and there is also one now, then I'll need both stack traces visible in logcat i.e., with and without the module activated as well as the descriptions of the symptoms (Crash or other...).
In such case I should also be able to observe the same problems by myself once I get the Play Store upgraded on my phone, if any of course [emoji57]

fer456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rt3x View Post
After Google Play Store has been updated to a newer version on your phone, do the following:

1. Verify that it works without problem while the module is still enabled.
If there is any issue, try to see if there is any error using logcat as in the OP.

2. Disable the module and restart your phone, then verify the Play Store works without any problem.

2.a. If there is no problem then great You don't need the module anymore and you can uninstall it!

2.b. If there was no problem while the module was activated but now there is i.e. Play Store crash, then that means you still need the module activated and that it is compatible with the latest release of the Play Store... And you may yell at Google for their poor Q.A. or LG for their lack of support [emoji6]

2.c. If there was a problem with the new version of the Play Store while the module was activated and there is also one now, then I'll need both stack traces visible in logcat i.e., with and without the module activated as well as the descriptions of the symptoms (Crash or other...).
In such case I should also be able to observe the same problems by myself once I get the Play Store upgraded on my phone, if any of course [emoji57]
Thank you!
Tags
google play store, lg optimus