APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1.2+] LG Optimus Jelly Bean Play Store Fix [v1.0]

OP v0rt3x

Announcement from v0rt3x: Fix Google Play Store 4.9.13 crash on LG Optimus when tapping on the "hamburger" button at top left corner.
9th September 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
thanks!!!

This issue has perplexed me for quite some time. Nice work! It also seemed to have fixed another issue with Chrome. For some reason, Chrome would not even open up www.google.com. Now it does! Small token of thanks sent to Paypal...

Using LG Optimus G E970
10th September 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #12  

3 posts
thank you as well, worked for me on an Optimus G. Glad to have this resolved.
14th September 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 18

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billp000

This issue has perplexed me for quite some time. Nice work! It also seemed to have fixed another issue with Chrome. For some reason, Chrome would not even open up www.google.com. Now it does! Small token of thanks sent to Paypal...

Using LG Optimus G E970

Thanks for your feedback and donation, it's always appreciated
I've checked the issue you've described with Chrome and Google main page and I haven't observed any problem after I've disabled the module...
In principle the module action is limited to Google Play Store and must not have any good or bad side effect on any other apps.
Last edited by v0rt3x; 14th September 2014 at 08:34 PM.
15th September 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 18

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer456

What I should do when a new version of a play store will released?

After Google Play Store has been updated to a newer version on your phone, do the following:

1. Verify that it works without problem while the module is still enabled.
If there is any issue, try to see if there is any error using logcat as in the OP.

2. Disable the module and restart your phone, then verify the Play Store works without any problem.

2.a. If there is no problem then great You don't need the module anymore and you can uninstall it!

2.b. If there was no problem while the module was activated but now there is i.e. Play Store crash, then that means you still need the module activated and that it is compatible with the latest release of the Play Store... And you may yell at Google for their poor Q.A. or LG for their lack of support [emoji6]

2.c. If there was a problem with the new version of the Play Store while the module was activated and there is also one now, then I'll need both stack traces visible in logcat i.e., with and without the module activated as well as the descriptions of the symptoms (Crash or other...).
In such case I should also be able to observe the same problems by myself once I get the Play Store upgraded on my phone, if any of course [emoji57]
15th September 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rt3x

After Google Play Store has been updated to a newer version on your phone, do the following:

1. Verify that it works without problem while the module is still enabled.
If there is any issue, try to see if there is any error using logcat as in the OP.

2. Disable the module and restart your phone, then verify the Play Store works without any problem.

2.a. If there is no problem then great You don't need the module anymore and you can uninstall it!

2.b. If there was no problem while the module was activated but now there is i.e. Play Store crash, then that means you still need the module activated and that it is compatible with the latest release of the Play Store... And you may yell at Google for their poor Q.A. or LG for their lack of support [emoji6]

2.c. If there was a problem with the new version of the Play Store while the module was activated and there is also one now, then I'll need both stack traces visible in logcat i.e., with and without the module activated as well as the descriptions of the symptoms (Crash or other...).
In such case I should also be able to observe the same problems by myself once I get the Play Store upgraded on my phone, if any of course [emoji57]

Thank you!
22nd October 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #16  

1 posts
Smile It Works
Just Install Xposed Installer app then install The google play fix app..
Activate It using Xposed Installer the phone rebooted and i can now use the hamburger icon...

I am using LG-P880 which I manually updated from ICS to JB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play store, lg optimus
Previous Thread Next Thread