Apps can launch other apps' activities inside their task. This makes it impossible to switch back and forth between the two. This module sets the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag when starting a new activity, which 'fixes' that.
Originally requested by jacknicholson here.
- A quick toggle is available in the settings. Just check "Disable module" and the changes will take effect immediately. No need to restart.
- You can use the blacklist or the whitelist to filter activities. If the blacklist is selected, all activities except those excluded will launch in a new task. If you use the whitelist, only matching activities will launch in a new task instead. The preferred way to add entries is through the log.
A log viewer is also present in the app. You can press a log entry to directly add it to the currently active list. I'd advise you to only enable the log when needed.
- Compatibility with Lollipop.
- Added Spanish translation and updated Portuguese (Brazil) and Slovak translations. Thanks to Jose Artuñedo, meatboy371 and ja-som.
- The blacklist/whitelist settings are now only reloaded when necessary. Shouldn't make a big difference unless you have huge lists.
- 4.4.3 fix: get the context using a different method (fixes logging on 4.4.3).
- Added Portuguese (Br) translation by meatboy371.
- Only use context for logging;
- Try to get the context in an alternate manner if the first one fails;
- Bug fix: current package wasn't being detected properly;
- Only start activities in a new task when the caller does not expect a result (different, more general implementation.)
- Reverted back to hooking ActivityRecord's constructor. Should solve the issue where some activities' launches weren't being detected.
- Updated Slovak translation.
- Ignore activities that are launched by their own apps;
- Added filtering options back. You can choose between the whitelist and the blacklist, but the no filtering option has been removed;
- Added help dialogs for the whitelist/blacklist/log;
- Bug fix: duplicate log entries when returning to the app with the log viewer open.
- Other minor changes: use icons for action bar items, reorder preferences.
- Removed none/blacklist filtering options. The whitelist is always used now (renamed to "Enabled Components") which means that you must configure the module, as it won't do anything by default.
- Reverted back to hooking Activity.startActivity(Intent, Bundle). Other methods used to start an Activity require the usage of FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK, so it doesn't actually make sense to hook anything else. Also removed the alternate way to get a context as it shouldn't be needed anymore.
- Check if FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK is already set, and do nothing if that's the case (the activity won't be logged either.)
- Updated Slovak translations (by ja-som.)
- Fix some crashes at startup;
- Add FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag instead of overwriting it. This fixes issues with XHalo and some apps showing in recents when they shouldn't;
- Updated translations.
- Different hook, the previous one didn't catch all new activities.
- Removed unnecessary logging.
- Added whitelist.
- Added option to enable/disable the blacklist (and log.) The blacklist requires a few extra calls which are unnecessary if you don't use it, so I'd advise you don't enable it unless you need it.
- Cleanup/better performance for the log viewer.
- The mod will now only modify intents that should be modified. This should fix all breakage without needing the blacklist. \o/
- Log viewer improvements: tapping on an item now removes it from the list after adding it to the blacklist, and a toast is shown to indicate if it's been added to the blacklist.
- Use flat text file for storing the logs instead of SharedPreferences. This is much better for performance, especially if the log gets long.
- The blacklist is now for activities.
- You can enable/disable logging from within the app.
- Added log viewer to the app. You can tap a log entry to directly add it to the blacklist.
- Fixes for the two icons appearing in the launcher.
- Disable text correction when adding a blacklist item.
- Initial release.
- rovo89 and Tungstwenty for the Xposed Framework;
- egingell for helping out with what to blacklist;
- defim for advice on which intents to modify;
- Ja_som for Slovak translation;
- Sanguinus112 for German translation;
- All testers.