Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED] ActivityForceNewTask

Tip us?

RyconPayne
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wow, a fix to a minor annoyance that effected me way more than it probably should have. Seriously, this kind of stuff drives me crazy, and I really like that people like you are making it better.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyconPayne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Could someone please explain what this module really does and why a person would need it? Thanks

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

neyenlives
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
Could someone please explain what this module really does and why a person would need it? Thanks

You know if you're in an app, and it has a link you click, how it opens your browser to open the link but now your place in the app is lost because it closed when you opened the link?

This forces the system to leave the app in the state it was in at the moment you clicked the link and the link will open in your browser like normal. So now you can easily switch back to the app you were in and pick up where you left off. (you know with long press home button)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyenlives View Post
You know if you're in an app, and it has a link you click, how it opens your browser to open the link but now your place in the app is lost because it closed when you opened the link?

This forces the system to leave the app in the state it was in at the moment you clicked the link and the link will open in your browser like normal. So now you can easily switch back to the app you were in and pick up where you left off. (you know with long press home button)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Ok thank you. I definitely need this.

Any tips on when you go back to another app and it seems like when you back up enough it closes the app instead of going to where you were before?

I can't think of a clear example but I will post it the next time it happens.

Sam7777777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Doesn't work on touch wiz kitkat?

jacknicholson
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Whoop dee do, Dianne.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacknicholson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitushorizon
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I was really in need of this.
Thanks!