FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+]AutoInstaller - No confirmation in PackageInstaller

1,638 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
By hamzahrmalik, Senior Member on 23rd August 2014, 04:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This mod allows you to install an APK just by opening it (from file manager or any other app)
It provides a UI to allow you to disable this feature without disabling the module
You should only enable when using it to prevent accidentally installing viruses while on dodgy websites/apps etc

You can find the module attached or on the Xposed Repository

Planned Features
-Auto uninstall
-Automatically close installer window after installation completed

thanks to @pyler for fixing an issue with apps which have a lot of permissions

Note the module is disabled by default, not only do you need to enable in Xposed Installer (obviously) but you need to enable the module by launching it's UI

Source code on Github

Demo Video
Attached Files
File Type: apk AutoInstall 1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (263.2 KB, 3489 views)
File Type: apk AutoInstall 1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (30.5 KB, 3938 views)
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamzahrmalik Ad-Free
 
 
23rd August 2014, 05:17 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Thanks mate for making this effort to prepare this module, really.
Just some issues,
The next automatically bypasses which is good, but still we have to click install and also after getting installed we still have to click on done/install to close the installer.
It will be great if we just click the apk file and the installation takes places in the background without bothering and a toast appears that the app has been installed.
Is it possible to modify this module as above.
But genuinely I appreciate your effort bro.
23rd August 2014, 05:21 PM |#3  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvo2411

Thanks mate for making this effort to prepare this module, really.
Just some issues,
The next automatically bypasses which is good, but still we have to click install and also after getting installed we still have to click on done/install to close the installer.
It will be great if we just click the apk file and the installation takes places in the background without bothering and a toast appears that the app has been installed.
Is it possible to modify this module as above.
But genuinely I appreciate your effort bro.

You only have that problem because the app has too many permissions
Try with an app that doesn't have so many
23rd August 2014, 05:35 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

You only have that problem because the app has too many permissions
Try with an app that doesn't have so many

I tried with a few permission app but still I have to click install and then done.
I am requesting a feature inspired from nova launcher where I just long click an app and drag it to uninstall layout and it get uninstalled automatically in the background and displays a toast that the app has been uninstalled.
23rd August 2014, 05:37 PM |#5  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvo2411

I tried with a few permission app but still I have to click install and then done.
I am requesting a feature inspired from nova launcher where I just long click an app and drag it to uninstall layout and it get uninstalled automatically in the background and displays a toast that the app has been uninstalled.

This is strange it works well for me
I'll post video to show you how it should work

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk
23rd August 2014, 05:41 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

This is strange it works well for me
I'll post video to show you how it should work

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk

I'm using omni Rom on galaxy r.
23rd August 2014, 05:44 PM |#7  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvo2411

I'm using omni Rom on galaxy r.

Hmm
Does that ROM have a custom package installer?
Maybe it shows version info or something?
On stock it works well
Oh and i won't post a video of how it should work because on my phone, one rom has screen recorder but mod doesnt work and on other rom mod works but screen recorder doesnt...
maybe tomorrow
23rd August 2014, 05:54 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

Hmm
Does that ROM have a custom package installer?
Maybe it shows version info or something?
On stock it works well

Here are the default installed in my Rom

23rd August 2014, 06:04 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,178
 
Donate to Me
More
Nice idea! I have just finished code to "auto uninstall".

Can you contribute auto install feature to my XInstaller? Or give me Yes to use your code in my project?
The Following User Says Thank You to pyler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pyler Ad-Free
23rd August 2014, 06:56 PM |#10  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyler

Nice idea! I have just finished code to "auto uninstall".

Can you contribute auto install feature to my XInstaller? Or give me Yes to use your code in my project?

Oh my god.
I should have made this whole mod as part of yours in the first place lol
I knew your mod existed but didnt think of that
Sure, the code is on Github
23rd August 2014, 06:56 PM |#11  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvo2411

Here are the default installed in my Rom


Thanks, I have a fix, give me maybe 10 minutes
The Following User Says Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamzahrmalik Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, automatically install, batch install, package installer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes