I would like to share my first (and extremly simple ) Xposed module with you.
This module allows you to slide before you have to draw/type in your security pattern/pin/whatever. It is particularly useful if you use CyanogenMod (or other ROMs, that allow App shortcuts in lockscreens) and want to use both shortcuts AND a security pattern/pin/whatever. It works similiar to HTC's Sense UI (3.x).
ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module (see below).
You install and use this module at your own risk! I am not responsible for any damage it might cause to your beloved device!
TESTED and CONFIRMED WORKING:
- 4.3 (JellyBean)
- 4.4 (KitKat)
- CM 10.2 (JellyBean 4.3)
- Asus: 4.2 (JellyBean)
- Sony Xperia: 4.2 (JellyBean) - 4.4 (KitKat)
Should work on:
- 4.2+ (JellyBean) (lockscreen has been overhauled in 4.2, therefore no <= 4.1)
- 4.4 (KitKat)
- all AOSP based ROMs (CM, AOKP, Para, etc.) with Android 4.2+
ROMs modified by manufacturers are known to have issues with this module:
- 4.2/4.3: simply does not work
- 4.4: has less issues, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=52
@rovo89 Your framework is amazing!
- Using app shortcuts causes you to "unlock" your device twice (see above)
- App shortcut to browser does not work (needs confirmation..)
How to use
1. Install Xposed framework as described here
2. Download and install XLockSecuritySlide via Xposed Installer (or see below)
3. Enable XLockSecuritySlide in Xposed Installer
4. Reboot and enjoy!
If something went wrong (e. g. unlockable device) you can use the flashable Xposed recovery disabler ZIP (see attachment of that post!), which disables Xposed and therefore this module. After that you can safely disable/uninstall this module and re-enable Xposed again!
Xposed repository (http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.st...ksecurityslide)
Release under Apache License 2.0: github
Compatiblity with Sony Xperia ROMs (Thanks to @greg2001!)
Fixed security mode bypass by pressing back button
Fixed "popup" security mode; it is the normal one now
Fix for KitKat