Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][XPOSED][4.2+] Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper (v1.0.1)

Tip us?

DavisNT
Old
(Last edited by DavisNT; 18th May 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][XPOSED][4.2+] Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper (v1.0.1)

I have created a tool that allows other software to control Airplane Mode on Android 4.4, 4.3 and 4.2.
With this tool installed, all applications that control airplane mode should work as they work on pre-4.2 devices.
Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper requires Xposed framework. This tool must be activated via it's launcher icon and in Xposed Installer.

It works by hooking broadcast sending inside system process (framework), intercepting airplane mode change broadcasts and adjusting system settings from system process.
Additionally Tasker/Locale plugin for airplane control is provided.
Airplane mode is toggled without any delays.

I will be glad to hear any reviews (please also provide information on what ROM the app was tested).

Home page:
http://android.dm.id.lv/Jelly_Bean_4...ne_Mode_Helper

Changelog:
http://android.dm.id.lv/Jelly_Bean_4...lper#Changelog

Xposed Module Repository page:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/lv.id.dm.airplanemhx

Download:
Attached Files
File Type: apk AirplaneModeHelperX_101.apk - [Click for QR Code] (102.0 KB, 1200 views)
If you like my post, press Thanks on that post. If you like my thread, rate that thread. Thanks!

My Latest App: Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Baseband: I9300XXEMC2
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 nightlies
Mods: Pictures2SD

Ex Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100; I9100BVLPE baseband; CM 10.1; Mods: Swap SDcards mod for SGS2 CM10
Ex Phone: LG Optimus One P500; New Baseband; CyanogenMod 7.2.0; candied kernel by DJNoXD (2.4-caveman-vsync version); Move to sd-ext
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to DavisNT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2,434
Submitted your module to the thread/list of Xposed modules.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post44117260
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140919-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: stock (testing harkness bld!)
Baseband: I747MUMUEND3
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to polobunny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hollam
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello i have tested it with a Nexus 4 on Android 4.3. It worked with the App Airplan Mode Toggle. It doesn't work with "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" likely because these Apps try to use root.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DavisNT
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollam View Post
Hello i have tested it with a Nexus 4 on Android 4.3. It worked with the App Airplan Mode Toggle. It doesn't work with "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" likely because these Apps try to use root.
Thanks for feedback!
Does "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" toggle airplane mode on Android 4.3 on their own (via root)? If not, I will write their developers about my app.
If you like my post, press Thanks on that post. If you like my thread, rate that thread. Thanks!

Ex Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100; I9100BVLPE baseband; CM 10.1; Mods: Swap SDcards mod for SGS2 CM10
Ex Phone: LG Optimus One P500; New Baseband; CyanogenMod 7.2.0; candied kernel by DJNoXD (2.4-caveman-vsync version); Move to sd-ext

Hollam
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisNT View Post
Thanks for feedback!
Does "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" toggle airplane mode on Android 4.3 on their own (via root)? If not, I will write their developers about my app.
I think they have no solution for 4.3 yet, they just use the root way like in 4.2 which doesn't work on 4.3.

spupuz
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
working like a charm with tasker and setting helper :P http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...127481&page=26
Alessandro aka "SpUpUz" from italy

DavisNT
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
New BETA (v0.9.1 BETA) released. In this version tip about Xposed framework is added and various minor improvements are made.
EULA is updated in this version - please review!

ktmbikerman
Old
Thanks Meter 649
Giving it a try, will report back soon... thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Phone Schedule not working on 4.3, can anyone please suggest a scheduling app that works, other than tasker?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
Galaxy S3 | Carbon Rom | Boeffla Omni 2.4b NG Kernel

coolnessQ
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Random reboot on used the xposed disable amd uninstalled ur app, used latest beta

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

DavisNT
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmbikerman View Post
Giving it a try, will report back soon... thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Phone Schedule not working on 4.3, can anyone please suggest a scheduling app that works, other than tasker?
Phone Schedule works well with this mod. Open Phone Schedule settings and check My device is rooted to enable Airplane Mode settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to DavisNT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
airplane mode, android 4.3, anroid 4.2, workaround, xposed module