Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD][XPOSED][2.3+]Force Fast Scroll - Force all ListViews to have draggable scrolbar

OP hamzahrmalik

18th December 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Not working in whatsapp anymore?
27th December 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Thumbs down
This Xposed module has been driving me crazy for at least 2 months now.
I couldn't find the connection between random FC and this module directly, because I did not started using those apps (affected by the crashes) right away after installing this module. I started those apps sporadically before and after installing this module.
I thought it was a fault of CyanogenMod, because I do use the nightlies on my Oneplus One.
Finally I've decided to clean the phone from the most of my apps, to try to find what's happening. Luckily I did deactivated selectively and strategically part of the Xposed modules I have installed, before I removed more apps.
I knew that I could blacklist apps, but I didn't knew why I would like to do so.

I don't want to use this module anymore. I don't want to sit around and wait until this module makes crash any other app. Just think about how angry I would get again if again something crashes and I haven't saved the work!

It has to detect when it crashed with an app, and turn itself of for that app. Also automatically send crash reports and build a crash database for other users don't get in trouble too.
Last edited by pehkaher; 27th December 2014 at 12:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pehkaher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 09:13 AM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 8

193 posts
Like the rest of you, I've figured out that this excellent mod makes apps with drop down menus crash. I just unchecked those apps and moved on. No big deal.

But lately it has completely wrecked my eBay app. I can't even search because it crashes while loading the search results.

I've spent a day trying to determine the cause of the eBay crash, and finally realized it's this module. If I turn this module off entirely, eBay works again. But that doesn't make sense, because I have eBay unchecked in the app list.

So unchecking eBay in the app list doesn't work, but turning the module off does.

The only thing I can think is that there's something else I need to uncheck - something associated with eBay. Perhaps it's one of the entries with a less self-explanatory name, like the ones that look like filenames and not app names.

Before I start a huge cycle of trial and error, does anyone know what I should look out for in the list? It would sure save me a lot of time.
6th January 2015, 09:44 AM   |  #144  
Flag Underwater, no Sh!t
Thanks Meter: 360

908 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord

Before I start a huge cycle of trial and error, does anyone know what I should look out for in the list? It would sure save me a lot of time.

That's why the poster before you suggested a nice idea: somehow detecting the crashed app, auto disabling it from this module- and finally- creating a dynamic data base of those apps so other users can readily check them beforehand.

Now, maybe the first two are a bit complicated to implement, but having a database of "crowd intelligence" has been nicely implemented in Xprivacy where you can batch-retrieve (and of course also submit your suggestions)
5settings from the crowd. Other module, Amplify, has got an excel spreadsheet with data contributed by users.

These are quite easy to implement and maintain, I think that can make this module outstanding.
Last edited by jaibar; 6th January 2015 at 10:04 AM.
6th January 2015, 04:54 PM   |  #145  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518

1,261 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibar

That's why the poster before you suggested a nice idea: somehow detecting the crashed app, auto disabling it from this module- and finally- creating a dynamic data base of those apps so other users can readily check them beforehand.

Now, maybe the first two are a bit complicated to implement, but having a database of "crowd intelligence" has been nicely implemented in Xprivacy where you can batch-retrieve (and of course also submit your suggestions)
5settings from the crowd. Other module, Amplify, has got an excel spreadsheet with data contributed by users.

These are quite easy to implement and maintain, I think that can make this module outstanding.

I understand this and I do already have a Google docs page on apps which crash
I think a better solution would be to simply find out why they crash in the first place and fix the mod, I'll try tonight but no guarantees

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 05:31 PM   |  #146  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518

1,261 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone confirm this?
Seems Xposed Installer no longer crashes when using the drop-down. Not sure why, since i haven't updated the mod, and the Installer hasn't been updated either...
15th January 2015, 05:50 AM   |  #147  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Thank you very much.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastscroll, listview, mod, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread