Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED][4.4+]Force immersive mode in selected apps

Tip us?

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Thank you works great on lg g3 needed this and it works great no fc.
Device 1 LG G3 D855 16gb Gold rooted (towelroot)
Device 2 Sony Z Ultra 16gb white, GPE Rom 4.4.4
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken pandu)
Device 4 Nvidia shield stock 4.4.2
Device 5 Dell Alienware M17 R5 16gb ram, I7 4700mq R9 M290X 4gb.

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 217
I can't figure out how to un-immerse my home screen. In CM 11, which process is the home screen? I thought it should be System UI (com.android.systemui), but that doesn't un-immerse my home screen. If I clear everything, the home screen un-immerses, but I'd rather not try every process one by one. I've also clear the process CM Home (org.cyanogenmod.launcher.home), but that doesn't work, either.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------
duh, I just did what I should have done in the first place: asked the question at a CM thread. But if anyone here happens to know and wants to post, I'd appreciate it.
Galaxy S 4 I9500 (CM 11.0 ROM (Android 4.4.4), PhilZ Touch CWM 6.0.4.7)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (CM 11.0 ROM (Android 4.4.4), PhilZ CWM Touch 6.0.4.5)

past: Galaxy 7.7, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy S 3, Galaxy S 2, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone

SANGER_A2
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy34742 View Post
I can't figure out how to un-immerse my home screen. In CM 11, which process is the home screen? I thought it should be System UI (com.android.systemui), but that doesn't un-immerse my home screen. If I clear everything, the home screen un-immerses, but I'd rather not try every process one by one. I've also clear the process CM Home (org.cyanogenmod.launcher.home), but that doesn't work, either.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------
duh, I just did what I should have done in the first place: asked the question at a CM thread. But if anyone here happens to know and wants to post, I'd appreciate it.
The default CM launcher is called trebuchet.
The Following User Says Thank You to SANGER_A2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGER_A2 View Post
The default CM launcher is called trebuchet.
Yeah, I had tried that, too. I just tried unchecking com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet again, and even after rebooting, my home screen still gets immersed. Any ideas what to clear to un-immerse the home screen?

past: Galaxy 7.7, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy S 3, Galaxy S 2, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone

hamzahrmalik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy34742 View Post
Yeah, I had tried that, too. I just tried unchecking com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet again, and even after rebooting, my home screen still gets immersed. Any ideas what to clear to un-immerse the home screen?
Did you immerse it in the first place or did it come immersed

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik View Post
Did you immerse it in the first place or did it come immersed
I immersed it. For the last few weeks, I've only been immersing a few apps. Then, yesterday, I decided to immerse them all, so I checked all the boxes. But then I decided to leave the home screen unimmersed, however it wouldn't un-immerse no matter which box I unchecked.

I just now tried unchecking all the boxes and rebooting, and the home screen was correctly un-immersed. Then I rechecked every box except for:

org.cyanogenmod.launcher.home
com.cyanogenmod.wallpapers
com.android.systemui
com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet

I rebooted, and now the home screen is correctly un-immersed and everything works as expected. Maybe I don't need to uncheck all four of the above apps, but I haven't yet tried to narrow the list down.

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Here's an odd glitch. I'm using the app White Noise and it has a persistent notification that I want to keep. Immersed apps and non-immersed apps all behave as expected, except for the White Noise app itself. The White Noise app is set to be immersed, but it does not immerse, meaning that the status bar is visible. Furthermore, it displays a weird half-immersed state where controls near the top of its screen get displaced to a higher location and overlie other app info. Also, the persistent notification doesn't appear in the status bar and doesn't appear when you expand the notifications. So it looks like the app thinks it's immersed, but the UI doesn't show it correctly.

NeXusLeXus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink little bug worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik View Post
This module allows you to force certain apps to use immersive mode. The mod includes an interface for choosing which apps should use immersive mode. You may need to reboot after adding apps to the list.
The app can be found as an attachment to this post and also on the Xposed repo.
Please report problems on this thread, new suggestions are also welcome, just make sure you are on latest version and check nobody has already reported what you are!
Inpired by Immerse Me by MohammadAG

Changelog
Version 2.1.1
Fixed a glitch with content "leaking" into status bar
Version 2.1
On the fly toggling
Select all button
Version 2.0
Brand new improved UI with multi select
Toggle Activity, can be disabled from settings
Version 1.1.1
Bug fixes
Version 1.1
Better UI, select apps from list rather than enter package name!
Yo. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but when I'm in an app like Rocket Music Player with Immersive mode on; whenever I click on the menu button and rescan my device for new music, the nav bar it sticks. the status bar may still stay immersive but my nav buttons don't dissapeD again unless I leave the app or quickly jump into recent tasks. hope this little bug gets fixed soon!!

PS. love the app. much more stable than the non-root version on the play store.

SANGER_A2
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXusLeXus View Post
Yo. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but when I'm in an app like Rocket Music Player with Immersive mode on; whenever I click on the menu button and rescan my device for new music, the nav bar it sticks. the status bar may still stay immersive but my nav buttons don't dissapeD again unless I leave the app or quickly jump into recent tasks. hope this little bug gets fixed soon!!

PS. love the app. much more stable than the non-root version on the play store.
Usually you can fix this by swiping down to show the status bar and then tapping on the app to hide it.

NeXusLeXus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Reply to a helpful consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGER_A2 View Post
Usually you can fix this by swiping down to show the status bar and then tapping on the app to hide it.
thanks. I know what you mean but that doesn't work. I tried.

I think there's an actual bug in the code that makes this glitch happen. maybe it has to do with its conjunction with Rocket player because I've never noticed this in any other app (when pressing the menu button).

this bug is only present when I rescan my app for new music. it isn't present when I click on menu button to say: jump into settings or set the equalizer.

as much as I want this bug to get fixed, I don't think Mohammad will understand the bug unless he installs Rockey player and tries for him self.

Or maybe its rocket players issue lol. Either way,
its not a big deal.

Anyone with immersive mode in an app with a lot of back-buttom gesturing should definitely look into the "SwipeBack" module. its so sweet. I use it in conjunction with Rocket Player and Immersive Mode. as you can guess, it allows you toswipe from the left corner of the screen to navigate to previous pages.

Works well with apps that don't come equipped with a left slide-out navigation menu.