Tried it out anyway. Off-line recognition CAN work on Armv6--had it happen once, just once. Do not know how I got there but the armv7 code stands in the way. So maybe this module could bypass it.
I actually have two Google choices for recognition, one for Google Search (offline) and one for older Voice Search (online). Vlingo also exposes its engine as another working choice. I wish Nuance (they own it now) would expose there Dragon engine. Unfortunately, most apps no longer respect this choice. In fact, only Jeannie works now with the online recognition choice. The voice assistant does not work over KitKat Google Search and launcher.
So I enabled this module. Really did not change much. Jeannie still worked, seemed quicker but very subjective--I assume was still going online. Google Search did not FC but did not accept voice. Next browser's voice input pretended to work, as before. No results. Voice typing also pretended, no results. Dragon's (using Swype) works very well (online).
BTW, the linked kludge is for dictation, using an ICS modded Google Search to somehow retrieve a language file. Did not work for me but I have the file, manually symlinked to its presumably proper place. The poster does not use Google Search, only dictation.