Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1+] GoogleOfflineVoice - Force offline voice recognition/typing

Tip us?

waterdaan
Old
(Last edited by waterdaan; 14th June 2014 at 02:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
@GermainZ
How can I check if it's working
I mean how can I see if an app is using data
Is there a shell command that can monitor if a certain app is receiving data?
So I can test it[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

I am using the voice recognition to the rightwrite this message volvo also I've set a custom ends reference in better battery stepsstats so I can see if google voice recognition is using any.com.com beta data I'm very sorry for all the mistakes in this little text test I am going to look better battery status now
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b23hw119u4...4-03-32-12.png
In the screenshot of BBS you can see that Google quick search box used 14kbytes while I was dictating this message
So for me this module unfortunately doesn't seem to work
I think it's a great idea though cause I have a limited amount of data and always use too much
Hope you understand what I'm trying to say

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5591
Alright, so I've just tested it with Tasker/AutoVoice, utter!, SwiftKey and NextApp Keyboard. It works as intended.

You must keep in mind that GoogleOfflineVoice forces offline voice recognition. It does not stop the application from using the Internet for other purposes… in other words, if you want to check if it's working, you'll need to do a comparison: read a long text with GoogleOfflineVoice disabled and check the data usage, then do the same with GoogleOfflineVoice enabled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

golomb igor
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Where to get Russian voice?

waterdaan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks @GermainZ
I've tested it reading out a page of a book using tasker, auto voice and k7 mail
with the module enabled and then disabled and the module does work!
That's great!

AndroidSlave
Old
Thanks Meter 4123
Thank you, I am glad to have found this module. I use a Straight Talk prepaid SIM and the network data goes through quasi-proxy, and has lag. This solves it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

famewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 407
I realize the title indicates the module is android 4.1+ however I thought you should know it shows up as available for install on ICS....I thought the xposed installer weeded out modules you couldn't install....in my case it told me the apk was not valid or incompatible after downloading. I mention this because I noticed some kitkat only modules did not appear in the list even though they do show up on my kitkat devices so assume there might be a setting that needs tweaking.

I picked up 3 kyocera hydro smartphones for $15 each with the intent to use them on some projects offline so was really in hopes to use the google offline voice recognition instead of online. Can you tell me what ICS is missing feature wise or recommend some alternate solutions?

Your module works great on my other devices and is greatly appreciated!

Google Nexus 5 - 32mb - Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based R8.5
Google Nexus 4 - 16mb - Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based R8.5
B&N Nook HD+ 16MB
D70 Pro II Tablet - Generick Mod v6 by darkrickpr [Android 4.1.1]
Logitech Revue - Stock
UG802 - Finless Bob's v1.8

Retired:
TMobile HTC HD2
HTC Inspire 4G

All my devices AND the apps on them: http://www.appbrain.com/user/famewolf

GermainZ
Old
Thanks Meter 5591
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf View Post
I realize the title indicates the module is android 4.1+ however I thought you should know it shows up as available for install on ICS....I thought the xposed installer weeded out modules you couldn't install....in my case it told me the apk was not valid or incompatible after downloading. I mention this because I noticed some kitkat only modules did not appear in the list even though they do show up on my kitkat devices so assume there might be a setting that needs tweaking.
AFAIK, the Xposed Installer knows nothing about that so it can't hide modules. I'm guessing you'd see them if you searched. Can't do anything about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf View Post
I picked up 3 kyocera hydro smartphones for $15 each with the intent to use them on some projects offline so was really in hopes to use the google offline voice recognition instead of online. Can you tell me what ICS is missing feature wise or recommend some alternate solutions?
Google doesn't support offline voice recognition at all pre-JB. I don't know if this is intentional or because of API limitations, but I'm guessing it's the latter.

Hirishiolo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirishiolo View Post
the problem reappears...

When I click the widget, it says "Unofrtunately, GoogleOfflineVoice has stopped" and does nothing...

here's my logcat

http://pastebin.com/qFXkcL4y

thanks in advance
some solution for my problem? thank you...
SAMSUNG GALAXY S PLUS (GT-i9001)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 [ADC Team] - Release 9
KERNEL: K^Kernel 3.4.96 v2.5
GOVERNOR CPU: SmartassV2 (245 - 1401 MHz)
SCHEDULER I/O: Sio
BASEBAND: I9001BUKP7

GermainZ
Old
Thanks Meter 5591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirishiolo View Post
some solution for my problem? thank you...
Sorry, I fixed it locally but forgot to push an update. Try the attached build and let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleOfflineVoice.apk - [Click for QR Code] (28.2 KB, 0 views)