FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][TouchWiz] Disable BlockingMode Notification [v.2]

2nd March 2014, 03:57 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Disable Samsung BlockingMode Notification
*This module is meant for Samsung TouchWiz ROMs

It is an enable/disable module which prohibits the notification that appears when the Blocking Mode option is activated. It should be compatibile with all TouchWiz Roms.

Update v.2.0.0
You can see the new changelog below. It has been tested only on Note 4 therefore I prefer declare this new version as beta until I receive some feedbacks from users with other devices.




Download
Available on Xposed Repository

Source Code
It is open source. Available on GitHub

Changelog
Code:
12/12/2014
Now you can choose between:
- never display the BlockingMode notification;
- display the notification only if BlockingMode is really active e.g. if you have set the time interval

03/04/2014
- Added support for API 15 and 16

03/02/2014
- Initial release

Let me know if you find out any problem.
Last edited by invano; 13th December 2014 at 08:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to invano For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
4th March 2014, 07:45 PM |#2  
sonnysonnyb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
when i try to run your apk i get an error..ive tried to download through xposed installer on my phone and from my pc and still get an error..i would love to get rid of the annoying blocking mode notification and have been waiting for this remedy .. im running a touchwiz based rom on 4.1.2 on a sprint gs3
4th March 2014, 08:34 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysonnyb

when i try to run your apk i get an error..ive tried to download through xposed installer on my phone and from my pc and still get an error..i would love to get rid of the annoying blocking mode notification and have been waiting for this remedy .. im running a touchwiz based rom on 4.1.2 on a sprint gs3

Could you please tell me the kind of error? Some logs or anything?

Thank you
4th March 2014, 10:30 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysonnyb

when i try to run your apk i get an error..ive tried to download through xposed installer on my phone and from my pc and still get an error..i would love to get rid of the annoying blocking mode notification and have been waiting for this remedy .. im running a touchwiz based rom on 4.1.2 on a sprint gs3

Ok got it. I'm using minSDK with API 17 (4.2).. I'm going to lower the API level and push an update on Xposed repo. Keep an eye on it and let me know if you solve your problem.
5th March 2014, 06:36 AM |#5  
sonnysonnyb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
im sorry i guess i ddnt explain the error very well...its not an error while running the module, its an error trying to install the apk..when i tried to install it through the exposed installer on the phone it said the apk was not compatible and wouldnt install and when i tried to install the apk i got from the repository here i got a parsing error ..hope this info helps id really like to use it.
5th March 2014, 06:43 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysonnyb

im sorry i guess i ddnt explain the error very well...its not an error while running the module, its an error trying to install the apk..when i tried to install it through the exposed installer on the phone it said the apk was not compatible and wouldnt install and when i tried to install the apk i got from the repository here i got a parsing error ..hope this info helps id really like to use it.


Yeah I understand.
Now there is versione 1.0.1 so try again and let me know
5th March 2014, 02:23 PM |#7  
sonnysonnyb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invano

Yeah I understand.
Now there is versione 1.0.1 so try again and let me know

beautiful..works like a charm..thank you
19th April 2014, 07:32 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
So freakin awesome! thanks.
20th June 2014, 03:27 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Natal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Question Feature Request
Quote:
Originally Posted by invano

Disable Samsung BlockingMode Notification
*This module is meant for Samsung TouchWiz ROMs

It is an enable/disable module which prohibits the notification that appear when the Blocking Mode option is activated.

...

Let me know if you find out any problem.

Hi there!

Thanks for this useful module, the always-on BlockinMode notification is very annoying. However, it would be nice if the notification do appear when BlockingMode is activated so we could know when calls and messages will be silenced, just as happens in DnD Mode on iOS. Could you include a switch to enable this option and show the notification only when BlockMode is active? I usually turn it on while sleeping.

thank you again,
JF
Last edited by JFCostta; 20th June 2014 at 03:46 PM.
12th December 2014, 07:22 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCostta

Hi there!

Thanks for this useful module, the always-on BlockinMode notification is very annoying. However, it would be nice if the notification do appear when BlockingMode is activated so we could know when calls and messages will be silenced, just as happens in DnD Mode on iOS. Could you include a switch to enable this option and show the notification only when BlockMode is active? I usually turn it on while sleeping.

thank you again,
JF

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have developed the module with this "iOS-like" behavior and it works well.

I just want to implement a switch to preserve the old drastic functionality and I'll upload the new apk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes