FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REQUEST] Choose main microphone

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By KrixPrix, Junior Member on 19th December 2015, 01:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello

I'd like to request an xposed module for picking the microphone source. Since the main microphone of my Sony Z1 Compact is broken, but my secondary mic is working fine: is this possible? I am not a programmer, but this seems to help:
http: //developer.android. com/reference/android/media/MediaRecorder.AudioSource.html
I would like to pick the main microphone for calls/skype/whatsapp-calls etc.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!
(I'm running Stock-Rom 14.6.A.1.216 with root access)
Last edited by KrixPrix; 19th December 2015 at 02:15 PM.

21st December 2015, 11:55 AM |#2  

More
I'am looking for the same thing, but i have an S3 International. My main mic (Builtin_mic) is broken but the second one (camera mic) works well. I'm looking to find something in audio_policy.conf but i'm not sure i'm searching in the right place. Please help us!
21st December 2015, 10:51 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pniappain

I'am looking for the same thing, but i have an S3 International. My main mic (Builtin_mic) is broken but the second one (camera mic) works well. I'm looking to find something in audio_policy.conf but i'm not sure i'm searching in the right place. Please help us!

If someone knows where to change it manually, this would be helpful as well. No need for an Xposed-Module, but I thought it would make things easier
22nd December 2015, 12:29 AM |#4  

More
I already asked to some devs but unfortunatly they all have no free times to do this. There is an app called "SoundAbout" that allow to change the default output settings (earpiece, speaker, bluetooth etc.) It would be awsome if could exist an app that allow to change the input microphone like "Hi-q mp3 recorder" that allow to record from the back mic too, but only inapp, without changing settings to e intere phone.
23rd December 2015, 09:29 PM |#5  
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm with you guys.. bump for this request
28th December 2015, 03:02 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
No ideas? Would be a huge present for me, since I wouldn't need to buy a new phone
Doesn't even have to be an Xposed Module.
7th January 2016, 10:05 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
BUMP
11th February 2016, 06:50 PM |#8  
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 351

Donate to Me
More
I knew a way but I forgotten.
damn.
need It badly
30th March 2016, 08:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Hi, have you find some way to do it ?
My Camcorder sound is horrible, but when I select MIC source, audio is way better for audio input. But I don't find too how to set MIC as default for all-apps...
Thanks for any help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)