The reason for this is probably safety; to discourage drivers from tinkering too much with their phones while driving - and while I'm fully behind that I believe in giving people options - which is why I created this module!
Please Note: With the recent release of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for HTC One M8, this project is put on hold until Xposed is made compatible with ART (as you may or may not know, Xposed currently does not work on Android 5.*).
So far it allows you to:
- Bring back multitasking (status bar and 'recent apps' functionality).
- Release the 'Home' button to let it go back to the default launcher.
- Replace the default 3-Tap gesture action with anything you want!
- Turn Wi-Fi and GPS on or off at startup and shutdown.
- Bypass the exit confirmation dialog.
- Automatically close apps opened from within the Car App on shutdown (requires root to be fully functional!)
If you love the HTC Car app as much as I do, you'll enjoy this!
You can find it on the Xposed repository right here.
(It's marked as 'beta' so set your installer filter accordingly).
HTC Car Mode Xposed!, Xposed for the HTC One (M8)
Source Code: https://github.com/eladavron/HTCCarXposed
Xposed Package Name: ambious.htccarxposed
Current Stable Version: 1.8
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-01
Current Beta Version: 1.9
Beta Release Date: 2014-11-02
Last Updated 2015-01-17