Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Ambious: Additional settings and hacks for the HTC Sense 6.0 Car App!

[MOD] HTC Car Mode Xposed! (Version 1.4)

Tip us?

goodtimes50
Old
Thanks Meter 72
You're very welcome. Even if you don't make any further improvements, it's a life-saver.

I tried disabling "Allow Multi-Tasking" and I'm still seeing the Recent Apps button while in the Car app, even after a reboot. Oddly enough, the weird behavior where the Recent Apps list closes seems to be gone. Not sure if that info might be helpful or not.

I'm actually a Java developer (though not terribly familiar with the Android ecosystem). I'd love to take a look at all this stuff, but between my job and three kids I just don't have much spare time. Maybe one of these days...

anjaan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
I achieved exactly what you're asking for using Tasker and Trigger. The NFC in my car is a 'toggle' - one tap launches the car app, another one closes it. Really no need for an exposed module for that.
Hey how did you achieve the second tap normal mode? I am not rooted and use Trigger and Tasker. But havent been able to achieve the exit of car mode using Tasker. Tried to trigger the "kill app" task in tasker but that didnt work..Not able to close car app on second tap. A step by step explanation would be appreciated as I am still learning the ropes here..

Ambious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjaan View Post
Hey how did you achieve the second tap normal mode? I am not rooted and use Trigger and Tasker. But havent been able to achieve the exit of car mode using Tasker. Tried to trigger the "kill app" task in tasker but that didnt work..Not able to close car app on second tap. A step by step explanation would be appreciated as I am still learning the ropes here..
Killing the car app (or any app really) by an external app (read: not from within itself) requires root, unfortunately.
It CAN be done without root, but it's very unreliable and seldom works.
Unfortunately it's not something I can code into a module, as that would still be considered an 'outside' source trying to shut down the app - and that would, again, require root.

Anyway, I'm sorry there haven't been any updates lately - I've started studying again and I have very little free time (and whatever free time I do have I spend resting my eyes).
Quote:
/phone/model/:# HTC One M8 (S-OFF)
/phone/rom/:# MaximusHD | 7.1.0 | Android 4.4.3 (2.22.401.4)
/phone/recovery/:# TWRP 2.7.1.0 Touch Recovery

/tablet/model/:# Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
/tablet/rom/:# ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.4) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
/tablet/recovery/:# TWRP 2.7.0.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)

goodtimes50
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjaan View Post
I believe you need to be rooted to kill an app. Another option might be to just disable car mode (Add action -> Display -> Car mode, set Off, check Return Home).