Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Ambious: Additional settings and hacks for the HTC Sense 6.0 Car App!

[MOD] HTC Car Mode Xposed! (Version 1.7a)

Tip us?
 
goodtimes50
Old
#71  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: OKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
Unfortunately GPS is not controllable so I removed those options. For security and privacy reasons, it's not possible to control GPS and turn it on and off programatically, every change in the GPS settings must be done by the user from the interface (otherwise you could never know if your location is on or off). I MIGHT be able to get around this (since we all use the same ROM I might be able to hook into its base settings, but I'm not sure yet), but until I successfully pull it off - I removed the option entirely.
I wonder if you could use Secure Settings similar to how Tasker does. It's designed as a plugin for Tasker/Locale so I'm not sure if it would work with an Xposed app, but it might be worth looking into.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodtimes50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ambious
Old
#72  
Ambious's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Haifa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50 View Post
I wonder if you could use Secure Settings similar to how Tasker does. It's designed as a plugin for Tasker/Locale so I'm not sure if it would work with an Xposed app, but it might be worth looking into.
Xposed is probably more versatile and might allow me to control it better, the trick - as always - is finding the right methods in the source code.
It can be done, it's just slightly more complex than I originally imagined.
Quote:
/phone/model/:# HTC One M8 (S-OFF)
/phone/rom/:# MaximusHD | 7.1.0 | Android 4.4.3 (2.22.401.4)
/phone/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery

/tablet/model/:# Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
/tablet/rom/:# ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.4) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
/tablet/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)
 
anjaan
Old
#73  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
Killing the car app (or any app really) by an external app (read: not from within itself) requires root, unfortunately.
It CAN be done without root, but it's very unreliable and seldom works.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50 View Post
I believe you need to be rooted to kill an app. Another option might be to just disable car mode (Add action -> Display -> Car mode, set Off, check Return Home).
Guys thanks for the help! @goodtimes50 yes, I figured that out a few days after posting the query and it works perfect.

For anyone else still trying to figure it out..what @goodtimes50 was talking about was a tasker task . Tasker-->add task-->display--> Car mode set off and create profile linking to trigger.
 
Ambious
Old
#74  
Ambious's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Haifa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjaan View Post
Guys thanks for the help! @goodtimes50 yes, I figured that out a few days after posting the query and it works perfect.

For anyone else still trying to figure it out..what @goodtimes50 was talking about was a tasker task . Tasker-->add task-->display--> Car mode set off and create profile linking to trigger.
Starting the next update you won't even need that, there'll be a neat way to shut the car mode off using a shortcut - you can then link that shortcut to your NFC or your desktop or wherever you want. It's better because you won't be 'forcing' the app to leave, you'll be telling it to do it internally, which is always better.
Quote:
/phone/model/:# HTC One M8 (S-OFF)
/phone/rom/:# MaximusHD | 7.1.0 | Android 4.4.3 (2.22.401.4)
/phone/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery

/tablet/model/:# Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
/tablet/rom/:# ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.4) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
/tablet/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goodtimes50
Old
#75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: OKC
I believe this came up earlier in the thread, but have you had any luck removing the now playing tile? I don't use the stock Music app, so this is just a waste of space for me. I'm not sure if this is even possible through Xposed (may require a recompile of the apk), but it can't hurt to ask .
 
Ambious
Old
#76  
Ambious's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Haifa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50 View Post
I believe this came up earlier in the thread, but have you had any luck removing the now playing tile? I don't use the stock Music app, so this is just a waste of space for me. I'm not sure if this is even possible through Xposed (may require a recompile of the apk), but it can't hurt to ask .
I'm still toying with it. It's more difficult than I originally imagined. I managed to remove elements of it but not the tile itself.
I'll update if and when I manage to achieve anything.
Quote:
/phone/model/:# HTC One M8 (S-OFF)
/phone/rom/:# MaximusHD | 7.1.0 | Android 4.4.3 (2.22.401.4)
/phone/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery

/tablet/model/:# Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
/tablet/rom/:# ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.4) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
/tablet/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)
 
goodtimes50
Old
#77  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: OKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
I'm still toying with it. It's more difficult than I originally imagined. I managed to remove elements of it but not the tile itself.
I'll update if and when I manage to achieve anything.
Sounds good. I imagined this would be a particularly tough nut to crack. Thanks!
 
Ambious
Old
#78  
Ambious's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Haifa

 
DONATE TO ME
Version 1.7a is out and should be up in the repository.
This one adds the ability to replace the 3-Finger tap gesture action with anything you like! By default I've set it to the Google Handsfree input which I think is kinda awesome, but you can always change it to Google Now, back to the stock HTC Speaker (though why would you?) or just set any other app you want!
Note that because of the way the gesture service works, it takes a couple of minutes to load after you reboot the phone, so don't try it as soon as you reboot, give it a minute.
I also fixed a bug where launching the toggler from a 3rd party app (such as an NFC reader or tasker) it would instead launch the settings app. I've fixed that, but don't hit 'run' once you're done installing or it'll just launch the toggler. The settings app is still available from its icon in the launcher or through the xposed installer.
Finally - I accidentally uploaded the wrong APK earlier, so make sure you're on version 1.7a and NOT 1.7 (without an a). Thank you.
Quote:
/phone/model/:# HTC One M8 (S-OFF)
/phone/rom/:# MaximusHD | 7.1.0 | Android 4.4.3 (2.22.401.4)
/phone/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery

/tablet/model/:# Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
/tablet/rom/:# ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.4) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
/tablet/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes