Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD] HTC Car Mode Xposed! (Version 2.0) [Lollipop Compatible!]

Announcement from Ambious: Additional settings and hacks for the HTC Sense 6.0 Car App!
19th March 2015, 07:49 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 154

764 posts
More
Just to make it clearer, the most noticeable thing is the inability to pull down the status bar.
19th March 2015, 08:20 AM |#172  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 427

1,687 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, I assume HTC changed the function names again. Gonna grab a stab at it over the weekend.
Got a ton of homework. I'll TRY to squeeze it in.
Last edited by Ambious; 19th March 2015 at 03:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2015, 08:14 PM |#173  

764 posts
More
Don't rush, life before xposed 😉
Thanks a lot!
21st March 2015, 11:59 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

Yes, I assume HTC changed the function names again. Gonna grab a stab at it over the weekend.
Got a ton of homework. I'll TRY to squeeze it in.

I also have a ton of homework currently, but am willing to help track down changes when I have time. =)

I downloaded SkyDragon's Sense 7 ROM just to take a quick look at the scope of effort involved, and unless the ROM developers did it: it looks like Sense 7's code has been minified. At least, I'm looking specifically at com.htc.Automotive.ongoing, since that's where all of the code I use for my app resides.

The positive side: there don't appear to be a lot of structural changes between Sense 6 and 7 (again, at least in the ongoing package). It should be pretty easy to track down the changes.

Also, on another note, I'd be interested in possibly contributing the code for my xposed module to your project. My app overrides the HTC Sense Car Mode music player, so that it displays information from Android's RemoteController. It is far from finished code, and needs more testing, but it does currently work and I've been using it for quite some time in addition to your module.
22nd March 2015, 10:04 AM |#175  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

1,687 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfury-dev

I also have a ton of homework currently, but am willing to help track down changes when I have time. =)

I downloaded SkyDragon's Sense 7 ROM just to take a quick look at the scope of effort involved, and unless the ROM developers did it: it looks like Sense 7's code has been minified. At least, I'm looking specifically at com.htc.Automotive.ongoing, since that's where all of the code I use for my app resides.

The positive side: there don't appear to be a lot of structural changes between Sense 6 and 7 (again, at least in the ongoing package). It should be pretty easy to track down the changes.

Also, on another note, I'd be interested in possibly contributing the code for my xposed module to your project. My app overrides the HTC Sense Car Mode music player, so that it displays information from Android's RemoteController. It is far from finished code, and needs more testing, but it does currently work and I've been using it for quite some time in addition to your module.

I actually have most of the code modified already to work with Sense 7, it's just that it introduced a small bug I want to squash before I release (for some reason in the new version the "home" button doesn't stick to the car app but throws you back to the launcher).
I'll upload the changes to github later tonight, and maybe even release a temporary hotfix that'll enable most of the mods back on - until I can fix that new bug.
24th March 2015, 08:15 PM |#176  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

1,687 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm swamped with schoolwork so It's gonna be a while still before I can finish this new version, but in the meantime so you at least get SOME functionality here's an interim build (attached below). Keep in mind that:
  1. Due to some changes in the infrastructure, you may have to launch the Module Settings app ("Car Xposed!") at least once between installation and usage. I'll try to get rid of this need before final release, but basically it's either that or separating the module to different versions based on Android/Sense version, and I really want to avoid that.
  2. This is released before I could finish fixing and testing all the features
  3. I made some changes that might (but shouldn't) break backwards compatibility, so it might break if you install on Sense 6.* - then again, it might not.
  4. On Sense 7, for some reason - the "Home" button won't ever bring you back to the car app after you use the "Recent Apps" button at least once. It might not even work if you don't. Bottom line is - Sense 7 home button is broken at the moment.
  5. Don't report any bugs with this version! Please!

As soon as I get some free time I'll try to finish it.
Otherwise, if you know how to code and wanna have at it yourself, source code is available here. (it should include all my work up to this interim release).
Attached Files
File Type: apk CarXposed-2.2.Interim.apk - [Click for QR Code] (161.9 KB, 26 views)
Last edited by Ambious; 24th March 2015 at 08:19 PM.
25th March 2015, 07:10 AM |#177  

764 posts
More
Seems like it works well!
Status bar is movable again 😃

Many thanks
Last edited by orenfl; 25th March 2015 at 08:54 AM.
Yesterday, 09:37 PM |#178  
Flag Rzeszˇw
Thanks Meter: 27

140 posts
More
Doesnt work for me. Latest cm12 oneplus one with xposed. Force close
Yesterday, 10:36 PM |#179  

764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayex

Doesnt work for me. Latest cm12 oneplus one with xposed. Force close

You saw the title of the thread?
It's for htc car app which is part of htc Rom.
CM doesn't have this app installed and this is probably the reason for the FC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car app, htc, sense, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread