FORUMS

Vinsic 20,000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank Giveaway

We have covered a lot of Android Accessories here on XDA TV. Mostly because we realize … more

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD] HTC Car Mode Xposed! (Version 2.2) [Lollipop Compatible!]

Announcement from Ambious: Additional settings and hacks for the HTC Sense 6.0 Car App!
11th April 2015, 12:44 PM |#191  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 434

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orenfl

@Ambious, if you recall I asked about a hint to get the BT car kit call button to invoke phone app as it used to be prior to sense 7.
Many thanks for all your efforts and happy holidays.

I'm afraid there's no progress there yet, as I can't decode the key codes without having a car kit myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

I posted an interim version a couple of posts prior to this, try that one and it SHOULD work.
Unfortunately I don't have the time to complete it at the moment, but it should give you basic functionality until I do.

Home button should be fixed (if it was broken) in the RC, as for removing the music panel it's something I've attempted before with little success, but I will see if anything's changed there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th April 2015, 07:44 PM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Would be nice if we can get rid of the music panel 😁😁😁
20th April 2015, 11:08 PM |#193  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 309

More
For some reason, the RC is not working on my device. HTC One M7 Sense 6

Also, it would be awesome to be able to open the configuration from xposed.
1st May 2015, 12:53 PM |#194  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Show the playing track in the top right frame
dear all,
I use the PowerAmp player that is for me the best one...
but when I'm playing with this... no informations are showned in the dedicated frame...
how it is possible?
1st May 2015, 01:39 PM |#195  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by :No-Frost:

For some reason, the RC is not working on my device. HTC One M7 Sense 6

Also, it would be awesome to be able to open the configuration from xposed.

What exactly isn't working?
Also Opening the configuration from xposed works fine on my end - does it not open when you try?
Lastly, when you DO open the configuration app, what shows in the top under "Car App Version"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenumb

dear all,
I use the PowerAmp player that is for me the best one...
but when I'm playing with this... no informations are showned in the dedicated frame...
how it is possible?

Not sure what you mean.
As far as I know, the music information only shows for the HTC Music Player.
1st May 2015, 10:53 PM |#196  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 309

More
@Ambious when I try to open the GUI, it launches the car app, can't enter the configuration at all... Car version is 3.2.848736
2nd May 2015, 09:40 PM |#197  

More
... Yes, the problem is exactly this... No music informations showed if the player is different from the HTC one... My request... Is in your knowledge the possibility to work around this limitation with an additional function through your xposed module?
3rd May 2015, 02:34 PM |#198  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by :No-Frost:

@Ambious when I try to open the GUI, it launches the car app, can't enter the configuration at all... Car version is 3.2.848736

Interesting, that obviously shouldn't happen.
I'll look into it - I do remember that happening to me once or twice, but never consistently.
I'll try recreating it and see if I can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenumb

... Yes, the problem is exactly this... No music informations showed if the player is different from the HTC one... My request... Is in your knowledge the possibility to work around this limitation with an additional function through your xposed module?

I have toyed with the idea, but it's not easy because the music interface in the car app is just an interface to a module within the HTC Music app, and not a global 'now playing' indicator.
While it MAY be possible using global hooks and over-rides, I wouldn't be able to change the functionality of the music tile itself, maybe only the text.
Either way i"m afraid I don't have time to work on such features at the moment. Maybe in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2015, 07:26 PM |#199  

More
Great! I'm 53 year's old and in the past I played a lot with vb6 and Access to make something that was my personal vision about the computer and the music anticipating iTunes... But it remained a personal game... Now the time are really different, I'm a manager and I'm now very far from programming... But I know that in this ART E everything is possible.
If you will have time, decision and passion... You will do it. Anyway thank you for your work!
Valerio Iglio
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car app, htc, sense, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread